By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you prefer to read manga or to watch anime?

Ill have to say i enjoy manga a bit more than anime
Berserk, One Piece, Maison Ikkoku, Monster i find these mangas to greatly surpass the animes. Also, ever since Naruto shippuuden started, my preference has shifted to the manga

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Around the Network

Only reading manga for me. But I am at a point that it doesn't interest me anymore;

Depends on what you're talking about. If I like the anime, and it accurately follows the manga, I prefer the anime.

However, the manga, I can read at my own pace, and insert whatever voices I want, and the manga almost always continues further than the anime, so for those cases, I'll often stick with just the manga.

for instance Inuyasha, One Piece, Bleach and Naruto all have the manga way ahead of what the anime is even close to reaching in terms of storyline (the inuyasha one will never catch up, apparently) so I started with the anime, but I now only read the manga for all of those.

a lot of the shorter self contained stories I tend to prefer on anime though, like FuriKuri, which is already hard to follow in the anime, I don't even want to deal with the manga.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

This is off-topic, but does anyone here follow the Berserk Manga, inspite of the massive delay between chapters?

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

- Rorschach

watch. Nothing against manga, I like to read it too. but I just love watching anime.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Around the Network

Different experience. I love both

I don't really do either but if I had to choose one I'd rather watch anime.

umm till now anime, but i cant help but feel i could get addicted to manga, a true mangaholic. But still i stick to my anime

BringBackChrono said:
Ill have to say i enjoy manga a bit more than anime
Berserk, One Piece, Maison Ikkoku, Monster i find these mangas to greatly surpass the animes. Also, ever since Naruto shippuuden started, my preference has shifted to the manga

i still read berserk, new chapter came out just few days ago after 4 months wait, it was painful

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

@cougarman
Apparently, the series will see regular releases now. Miura was just taking a break to decide the direction the story will take. But did you see the art-work in the new chapter? Man, no one else even comes close when it comes to details.

- Rorschach