By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EA 2nd Quarter Fiscal Year 2009 Results

I'm waiting for Spartan to make a thread talking about the large percentage of sales on the Xbox 360 relative to the PS3.

Waiting.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Consolidation doesn't cost 400$ mil. EA are in the deep shit. It's Spore and Madden quarter and they have a guge loss...

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

$310 million loss during Madden quarter, very impressive. Go EA, keep digging hopefully the cave-in will come along soon.

EA announced the cut of 600 jobs today, as well.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

heruamon said:

WARNED...FOR WHAT??? WTF have I stated that is blatantly wrong and out basis of fact? The "as easy as it is" comment? R u kidding me...with people launching topic aobut how 360 is dead...gimme a break here. I'm pointing out the fact that when EA reported their earnings last qtr...ALOT of sony fanboys were ALL OVER the fact that 3rd parties where making money hanover fist for the ps3, and at THAT TIME, I stated that it wsa due to launch of title sked, and not some systemic shift...this qtr PROVED ME CORRECT, as will the current one we are in. My purpose in mentioning 2K Game's disasterous port of Bioshock was based on 2 things, EA tried to buy it, and th game received ALOT of buzz over how 2K Games had "invested" so much more in porting it over with new content and improved gameplay, and the game is looking to sell about 10% of what it did on the 360. FACTs my friend, not my opinions.

BTW, any mods online, please review my post and cc me if I'm out of line here, since I thought I was clearly in my rights to provide an opinionated analysis of these results....which are JUST as opinionated as the one we saw when ubisoft reported..."fair and balanced"...just not like FOXNEWS.

I'm just saying. If you keep throwing small trolling statements (like you did), you would eventually get banned. Ask Zen, it has happened to him a bit.

Eh, and the most buzz I've heard from the PS3 Bioshock is the fact that it has Bioshock 2's trailer in it.

And note, I didn't say the PS3 version did well, as neither can or will know because as time has told, the first few weeks are near as important as the legs of the title.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Am i reading this right?
The only consoles to have increased in revenue are the HD consoles?
Xbox                        360  218 196 128 81 224 3%
PLAYSTATION 3          17   102 152 139 98 476%
PlayStation                  2     73  301 166 79 54 (26%)
Wii                             59   139  75 57 33 (44%)
Xbox 12 3 1 - 1 (92%)
Nintendo GameCube 3 1 - - - (100%)
Total Consoles 382 742 522 356 410 7%

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Wait a second!

EA is one of the biggest PC publishers and yet a single console platform still beats it. This isn't all consoles vs PC in some kind of unfair matchup, its one console or the HD twins depending on how you want to cut it. It does show that consoles are >>>> the PC platform.

PC revenue total: $515 Million
Xbox 360 revenue total: $847 Million
PS3 revenue total: $508 Million.

Added together the PS3+Xbox 360 produce more than 2.5 times more revenue for EA than the PC.

Wheres this mystical huge PC market?

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Wait a second!

EA is one of the biggest PC publishers and yet a single console platform still beats it. This isn't all consoles vs PC in some kind of unfair matchup, its one console or the HD twins depending on how you want to cut it. It does show that consoles are >>>> the PC platform.

Added together the PS3+Xbox 360 produce more than 2.5 times more revenue for EA than the PC.

Good point - perhaps they just make more on console games than PC ones?

Console games are generally more expensive

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Spankey said:
Squilliam said:
Wait a second!

Even then its a huge discrepency really. Im not sure whether they count the console royalty as an expense or just take it away from the revenue. Even then the gap is big enough to not have to worry about small things like that.

In terms of total value this is a significant difference. Its not units sold that matters, its total revenue.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Spankey said:
Squilliam said:
Wait a second!

Even then its a huge discrepency really. Im not sure whether they count the console royalty as an expense or just take it away from the revenue. Even then the gap is big enough to not have to worry about small things like that.

In terms of total value this is a significant difference. Its not units sold that matters, its total revenue.

I hear you. I just couldn't think of another plausable reason under pressure...

THE PRESSURE!!!!!IT HURTS!!!!

Proud Sony Rear Admiral