By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst console you've owned?

I hate to pick, but since that's the topic. The worst ones I own are Wii and DS. Simply because there's not enough games to interest me on each one. I'm all for great innovation which the Wii and DS provide, but that's nothing without awesome games.

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

Around the Network
twesterm said:

I'm going to go with the Game Gear.

The Dreamcast comes in a close 2nd, I still have no idea why people are so in love with that thing.

Oh, well I loved the Game Gear, but man the battery life on that thing was absolutely horrendous.  Unless you kept it plugged into the cigarette lighter or wall, it really didn't last very long... it actually was one of those rare handhelds that while totally innovative in some many ways, the developers forgot a really big piece of it.... duh, it's a handheld, it needs to have at least a decent battery life.

Anyway, as for the Dreamcast, it wasn't HORRIBLE, but people lift it up to the pinnacle of greatness because of the 2Pac syndrome.  When it was alive, people didn't really care for it too much.. but when it was the final bullet in Sega's console division, it was lifted to martyr's status.  Had Sega tried again with another console, the Dreamcast would have been a speckle on the history of the video game industry.  But because it was the final death blow to Sega, it gets treated like the greatest thing of all time (you know, kind of like the alcoholic wife-beating uncle who died too early... in life he was a jerk that no one liked, but when he died everyone sobbed over him as if he were the most caring & loving human being who had ever lived)...

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

I'll go with the 360. I bought it for rpg's but I don't like 'em. I do not like the controller, the noise and the dashboard too.

Nintendo Gamecube, i usually love Nintendo consoles because they bring something new to the market, and it comes with awesome games, Gamecube??? nothing new except PS2-like graphics (some better, some worse) and a crappy 1.5 GB media, and the awesome games were like 3, so it was not worth it, i kept the games and returned the console and changed it for PS2 and GBA games, that's why i don't put it in my list...

Now that i own the Wii i'm catching up with some other titles that i missed (still a few, but added to the Wii games the list looks nice)...

Gamecube. I bought it only 6 months before the wii released...never really played it much.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

wii

Initiating social expirement #928719281

The Dreamcast its one of the best because of some games & the worst because its have a short life.

Definitely without a doubt the first XBOX damn that was such a waste of money i only had about 4 games i liked
i should have bought the ps2 still cant stand myself for that choice :(

Virtual Boy of course. It only had twelve or so games for it... That is the last time i ever get a new system on launch.

Slavedemonxi said:
I hate to pick, but since that's the topic. The worst ones I own are Wii and DS. Simply because there's not enough games to interest me on each one. I'm all for great innovation which the Wii and DS provide, but that's nothing without awesome games.

go and buy a DS now

maybe you'll be forgiven once you've played 1/10th of it's awesome games

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !