By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony has FFXIII targetting Japan, GT5 targetting Euro. What about US???

KZ2 + MAG + SOCOM + R2

They need a third person shooter so badly

Around the Network

@ blackstar, SOCOM is a TPS, MAG might be a TPS, and we will almost certainly have Uncharted 2 in 2009, which is a semi-TPS

Munkeh111 said:
@ blackstar, SOCOM is a TPS, MAG might be a TPS, and we will almost certainly have Uncharted 2 in 2009, which is a semi-TPS

both have no single player mode and that actually hurts

@ munkeh: I fear you cannot compare K2 to the sales-magnets that are MGS and GTA (both proven franchises, and critically acclaimed way more than KZ)

NA has a broad user group from otaku's to military nuts. I don't think Sony is relying on one single game to move consoles the way we expect FFXIII to move in Japan.

Around the Network

Killzone 2, with Resistance 2 being unexpectedly good to help it along. Of course, neither of these franchises have the notoriety of the other franchises.

And then there's LittleBigPlanet to cover all regions. :D

Dont forget Uncharted 2.

It reslly looks to be:

Japan: RE5, FFXIII, WKC, FFXIII Versus
EU: GT5 and I think thats all it needs
NA: Lots and lots of shooters with GOW 3

Reject said:
It reslly looks to be:

Japan: RE5, FFXIII, WKC, FFXIII Versus
EU: GT5 and I think thats all it needs
NA: Lots and lots of shooters with GOW 3

RE5 won't be that big in Japan.  RE 1-3 sold like gangbusters in Japan (1.5 million+), but RE4 not so much (~750k combined between the ps2 and GC).  RE4 was much bigger in NA and Europe than in Japan.

God of War 3, whenever it comes out.