By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is Gran Turismo a big system selling franchise?

@ reject

console wars is kinda like football, its which clubs gets the most points not who makes the most money.

going back to consoles, generally the higher the install base the higher the software sales and therefore the higher profit for microsoft/sony.

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

It is, but GT 5 is releasing way too late. In 2010, the console war (which I mean, who will be in 2nd place) will already be decided.

GT 4 shipped `10.28 Million

so EACH iteration has 10 + million sales!

THIS was always PS3's biggest system seller!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Gt5 is probaly ps3 biggest system seller.

Well as the franchise is so big, releasing in 2009 is not late at all for Sony. I mean FFXIII, GT5, GOW 3 and Killzone 2 all in one year spells for very nice sales. 360 has sold 5 million more than PS3 even though it was released a year before, that gap is not big at all.

Around the Network
Zuhyc said:
It is, but GT 5 is releasing way too late. In 2010, the console war (which I mean, who will be in 2nd place) will already be decided.

It's a good thing for Sony that it's coming in 2009 then.

GT is the king of system sellers. i'm sure when it comes out sales in europe will spike for a long time

GT is like the biggest gaming franchise (aside from Mr Mario of course). Especially in Europe they seriously go nuts for this. If ppl in US think its really big here then x100 for Euro loll

Seihyouken said:
Zuhyc said:

It's a good thing for Sony that it's coming in 2009 then.

Really? I must have missed that.

it is.