By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Valkyria Chronicles or Eternal Sonata???

So I want to have both games on PS3, but I have to decide what to buy first? And I am clueless for the moment. I enjoyed both demo's very much but I just can't decide. So guys please help me out. I really like the style of ES and the music (some sort of Dark Cloud 2 next-gen) but Valkyria sounds really epic ( 50 VS 50 battles). So what should I buy first? And which one has the better story? And how long does it take to finish both games??

Around the Network

By the way the reviews are going, get ES first because the reviews are lower then get blown away by VC

They are differently styled games though so comparison on those grounds is difficult

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

VC? VC? VC!!!

I loved the valkyria demo, and eternal sonata was iffy for me.....but just from the demo i would go for valkryia

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

VC hands down its a new title ES is a year old game. Play the exclusive first plus its getting better ratings than ES.

SO VC all the way!!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network

Yes I know based on the reviews Valkyria is probably better, but are the reviews of ES reliable? It's an old game for the reviewers...

They are totally different experiences but from the demo I would go with VC.

I beat ES on 360 and enjoyed it. It has it's flaws and I think the PS3 version will improve it in some areas (ie story). The story is original I will give it that, dealing with the final moments of Chopin. The problem is that while it starts out strong it gradually gets worse as the game goes on. I liked the game but story wasn't on the top of the list as to why. I know the PS3 version has some added content so hopefully that will clarify and build on what is already there.

As far as length...for a JRPG it's a pretty short linear affair. It took me just over 20 hours to beat the game the first playthrough. I went back and did one of the extra dungeons I missed and that added about another 6-8 hours onto the play time. I tend to take my time with RPGs so I was shocked it ended so fast. I think the norm for the game is around 25-30 hours for most people.

In comparison it took me almost 100 hours to complete all the achievements on Lost Odyssey. Mass Effect which people call short too took me about 35 hours first playthrough. I don't know the length of VC but I think you will get more mileage out of that game than Eternal Sonata.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

Thx Jason that's the kind of information that really helps ^^

So the story of Eternal Sonata isn't that great??

Valkyria >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Folklore>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Eternal

Valkyrie Chronicles because I'm gonna LOL at you if you miss it :P

Persona4 = WIN

PSP fanboi