By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Report is up

CrashMan said:
Now, who wishes they bought Nintendo stock in June 2006?

My parents wouldn't let me. Seriously. I wanted to.

Around the Network

Dayummmmm!!!!!!

Nintendo is printing that Money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oyvoyvoyv said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Brilliant just brilliant for nintendo!

Also VG Chartz is DEAD ON!

For hardware yes, but unless there's over 55M software lieing around in shops, we're off like hell on software.

VGchartz will always be off on total software because it only tracks the top 200 each week.  That means none of the titles that are 201 and below get their numbers counted for that week. 

It isn't a perfect system, but it is good enough.  It is the same way NDP does it.

Congrats, Nintendo. Your comeback is a testimony to your commitment to your fans. May you always have a place in the console industry.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

JHawkNH said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Brilliant just brilliant for nintendo!

Also VG Chartz is DEAD ON!

For hardware yes, but unless there's over 55M software lieing around in shops, we're off like hell on software.

VGchartz will always be off on total software because it only tracks the top 200 each week.  That means none of the titles that are 201 and below get their numbers counted for that week.

It isn't a perfect system, but it is good enough.  It is the same way NDP does it.

No, that isn't how we do it.

If you look up the top 50 for each console, and add the totals toghether, that is lower than the total sold for most weeks. This means that VGC also gets an estimate for how much more has been sold. This one is far too low. (Or at least if my theory is correct)

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

Stunning results. Wii is on track to break a lot of records.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Nintendo still upping the sales forecasts for Wii and DS. Let's see... if the lifetime shipped number for Wii is 52m at the end of March 2009, the sell-through should be a little over 50m. We have a bit less than six months to go until reaching that point (24 weeks). Nintendo is projecting to sell about 16m Wiis in those 24 weeks.

Do the math and you get an average of... about 650,000 Wiis per week. Yikes! This holiday season is going to be insane.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

* TruckOSaurus grabs some popcorn and waits for the holiday sales *

Signature goes here!

WiiStation360 said:

So in the next 6 months, they will ship (27.5m - 10.1m) 17.4 million consoles.

Current production capacity is 2.4 million/month (14.4M for 6 months).  That means they have at least 3 millions Wiis stockpiled for the holidays.

They have about 165 billion Yen in finished goods as of September 30, up over 50 billion compared to June 30 and 72 billion compared to March 31. I assume some most of it will be DS and Wii hardware.

O.o no freakin' way