By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Report is up

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2008/081030e.pdf

Net sales for this six-month period ended September 30, 2008 were 836.8 billion yen. Operating income, income before income taxes and extraordinary items and net income were 252.1 billion yen, 237.3 billion yen and 144.8 billion yen, respectively.

Within the electronic entertainment products division, in the hand-held device business, "Nintendo DS" continued to enjoy robust sales in the US and Europe compared with the same period a year ago. Worldwide unit sales of "Nintendo DS" hardware were 13.73 million units for the first six months of this fiscal year and have reached 84.33 million units life-to-date. "Nintendo DS" software, "Pokémon Platinum" was released in Japan and sales exceeded one million units in the first three days immediately after launch. "Pok é mon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness/Explorers of Time" was released in the US and Europe and made a strong contribution to sales in the category. In addition, licensee titles which sold over one million units also increased. Worldwide sales of "Nintendo DS" software were 85.02 million units in the first six months of this year and have reached 454.63 million units life-to-date.

In the console business, "Wii" hardware has displayed increasing popularity in the US and Europe and has sold a total of 10.1 million units worldwide in the first two quarters of this year and 34.55 million units life-todate. Regarding "Wii" software, "Mario Kart Wii", which allows players to feel as if they were actually driving with a wheel shaped "Wii Wheel" controller, and "Wii Fit", which allows players to enjoy exercise with their families, had favorable receptions. In addition, long-term selling titles such as "Wii Play", various licensee titles, as well as various other types of games have continued to enjoy robust sales. Thus, worldwidesales of "Wii" software in the first six months were 81.41 million units, a large increase from the same period in 2007. "Wii" software sales have reached 229.85 million units life-to-date.

Net sales in the electronic entertainment products division were 835.4 billion yen, while sales in the other products division (playing cards, karuta, etc.) were 1.4 billion yen.

With regard to results by geographic segment, sales in Japan were 869.6 billion yen including inter-segment sales of 767.6 billion yen. Operating income was 292.8 billion yen. Sales in the Americas were 331 billion yen including inter-segment sales of 1 billion yen. Operating income was 17.5 billion yen. Sales in Europe were 361.9 billion yen including inter-segment sales of 5 million yen. Operating income was 16.7 billion yen.

Consolidated Financial Forecast

Nintendo will continue to pursue expansion of the gaming audience and provide products that offer unique entertainment that puts smiles on the faces of people of all ages and genders.

To accelerate current sales momentum of "Nintendo DS" to "must-have for everyone", Nintendo has announced a new handheld device, "Nintendo DSi" which will launch on November 1, 2008, in Japan. "Nintendo DSi" has built-in memory and allows players to customize their own "Nintendo DSi" as they like (called "My DS"). Regarding "Wii", Nintendo is developing software which will attract both novice players and skilled game players and is creating peripheral accessories which will provide players with new entertainment.

With respect to consolidated earnings forecasts, please refer to "Notice of Financial Forecast Modifications" released today. Assumed exchange rates are as follows: 100 yen per U.S. dollar, and 140 yen per euro. For full-year sales unit forecast, please take a look at page 11.

FY08 Forecast

Wii hardware: 27.5m units (+2.5m from previous quarter forecast)
DS hardware: 30.5m units (+2.5m from previous quarter forecast)

Wii software: 200m units (+23m from previous quarter forecast)
DS software: 207m units (+20m from previous quarter forecast)

Note: Net income forecast for fiscal year was lowered 15.9% as explained in the following document due to currency valuations.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2008/081030_2e.pdf

Sales unit forecast was revised due to robust sales of both "Nintendo DS" (a handheld gaming device) and "Wii" (a home gaming console). Considering recent trends in foreign currency exchanges, assumed exchange rates were revised as follows: 100 yen per U.S. dollar (previous rate: 105 yen), 140 yen per euro (previous rate: 160 yen). As a result, operating income, income before income taxes and extraordinary items, and net income for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2009 were changed.

With respect to revised sales unit forecast for the year ending March 31, 2009 (April 1, 2008 - March 31, 2009), please refer to page 11 in "Consolidated Results for the Six Months Ended September 2007 and 2008" released today (on October 30, 2008).

Around the Network

so they made about $1.4 Billion in one quater??.....crap....

Very nice, good times are still going for Nintendo and only seem to be getting better.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Sales in the Americas were 331 billion yen including inter-segment sales of 1 billion yen. Operating income was 17.5 billion yen. Sales in Europe were 361.9 billion yen including inter-segment sales of 5 million yen. Operating income was 16.7 billion yen.

europe>america

first time ever for nintendo?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Holy crap O_O

Around the Network

I don't see any gamecube sales on their report, does anyone know if this is the first quarter where there are no sales of the system. Or did they have no sales during Q1 either.

EDIT: Wii forcast is 27.5mil for the year, was this raised from 25mil?

Still up for 30m DS & 27.5m Wii units for the fiscal year - unchanged I think.

Seems like Ninty hasn't been touched by the crisis - apart from the lower forecast profit, based on the stronger yen.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Griffin said:

I don't see any gamecube sales on their report, does anyone know if this is the first quarter where there are no sales of the system. Or did they have no sales during Q1 either.

EDIT: Wii forcast is 27.5mil for the year, was this raised from 25mil?

No, I think this was upped last qrt. Might have been some small adjustment, but its basically the same.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

wow :o

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

shams said:
Still up for 30m DS & 27.5m Wii units for the fiscal year - unchanged I think.

Seems like Ninty hasn't been touched by the crisis - apart from the lower forecast profit, based on the stronger yen.

No, they were upped in August. I added the modifiers to their previous quarter's forecast.

Here is the document when they modified the forecast. Note they raised the Wii numbers even from this revision. In other words, Wii sales are SMOKING!

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2008/080829e.pdf