By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Meet Your 'lil Brother: Live Tracking of Fallout 3 Metrics/Sales

Fallout 1 could be beaten in under 15 minutes if I remember right.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Fallout 1 could be beaten in under 15 minutes if I remember right.

Legit speed run or from a glitch?

By the way, I think Fallout 3 will do around 400-450k first week (America) on 360 and probably under 200k (America)for PS3.  This is just going to be one of those games that does significantly less on PS3.  Partly the huge Oblivion userbase on 360, partly negative reviews on the PS3 version and this game is just tailer made to do huge numbers on 360.  I think your numbers are worldwide but they seem a little high for both versions for me.

The numbers are worldwide, but Fallout 3, like Fable 2, wasn't release the same day as the US version. So numbers for both games are 99% NA only.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Will the fact that Fable 2/Fallout 3 exist in the same genre, are released about the same time and have names which put them right next to each other if ordered alphabetically do anything for sales of either?

Someone in the shop this week looking for Fable on the Xbox 360 will see Fallout 3 next to it and vice versa.

Btw great work on this, I kinda expect 750k personally for the Xbox 360 as cross platform owners have more incentive to buy in on the 360 and this is more a hardcore game.

Tease.

I really didnt like this, it was to dark and not really my style but nice that it sells good.

It well be interesting to see how much Fable 2's release a week earlier affects Fallout 3's sales. I would assume that there is huge overlap in the market for these two games, and most people will not be done with Fable 2 yet. It should at least help the PS3 to 360 sales ratio.

Around the Network

I really hope that FO3 sells better since it seems like it's the better game. I say it seems because I haven't finished it yet, but so far it's definitely above Fable 2, but I have gone through F2. Sadly this probably won't happen but meh, great game nontheless, not like sales will affect it.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

WiiStation360 said:
It well be interesting to see how much Fable 2's release a week earlier affects Fallout 3's sales. I would assume that there is huge overlap in the market for these two games, and most people will not be done with Fable 2 yet. It should at least help the PS3 to 360 sales ratio.

Ehhhhhh.

There is overlap, I am sure, but Day-1 metrics via 360V didn't look too bad for Fable 2. It lost around ~1,500 users/day when Fallout 3 launched, which wasn't bad at all. That's compared to virtually every game taking a beating the day that Fable 2 launched.

Honestly: Fallout 3 is far more 'hardcore' due to the PC-gamer following, and the following of Oblivion. Whereas Fable has a little bit....Less of a PC-esque following since it dabbles in the action/adventure genre quite a bit more.

I don't see Fallout 3 getting hurt too much by Fable 2 overall...Just like Rainbow Six Vegas didn't get hurt by Gears of War. Sure, it may have a softer opening, but over Christmas, Fallout 3 will still be bought by every gamer that wanted it. And unlike most other companies, Bethsada won't drop prices anytime soon, so they'll make plenty of money.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

JaggedSac said:
Good news for Fallout 3. Games are selling like gangbusters on 360.

ditto

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

MrBubbles said:
erikers said:
Shadowblind said:
erikers said:
Fallout 3 deserves to sell at least a little more than Fable 2. Unfortunately it won't. It's a lock for a 2.5+ million seller on 360 though.

Disagree, but it does deserve to do very well. Gonna hopefully rent out a copy this weekend.

Gonna be pretty hard to finish a 60 hour game in a rental.  Maybe you could finish Fable 2 though.

fallout 3 can be beat in 75 minutes

better than the 10 in Fallout 1 and 2

Mrstickball.

U really think it will sell that much first week even on ps3.