By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kazunori Yamauchi’s Best Interview, Ever

You would think that this news would be pretty big......

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Looks like it os pretty big news

I think Sony finally put some sense to Yamaichi, PS3 need GT5 to release WW in 09 fall. It will be biggest game on any platform next year since only GTA is bigger then GT.

outlawauron said:

I think people on here are starting to get disheartened with all of the off in the horizon games that never seem to get any closer to releasing. In regards to GT5, it's just a very long wait and that breeds boredom when you know you still have another 12 months at least of more waiting. Plus, some of the game has been released already.

On a slightly different note, there may have been more hits if the thead title actually said "GT5 may get pushed up to 2009". Not everyone knows Yamauchi and that he's the head of Polyphony.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Can you change the thread title?

Around the Network
Reject said:

I don't think anyone can change the thread title.

Griffin said:
Reject said:

I don't think anyone can change the thread title.

Nah I wish vgchartz will include the feature in the future though.

Onyxmeth said:
outlawauron said:

I think people on here are starting to get disheartened with all of the off in the horizon games that never seem to get any closer to releasing. In regards to GT5, it's just a very long wait and that breeds boredom when you know you still have another 12 months at least of more waiting. Plus, some of the game has been released already.

On a slightly different note, there may have been more hits if the thead title actually said "GT5 may get pushed up to 2009". Not everyone knows Yamauchi and that he's the head of Polyphony.

True, but we have some people saying that GT5 is delayed to 2010 when that just isn't true.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Only the most die hard GT (minority) will know Yamauchi.

outlawauron said:
Onyxmeth said:
outlawauron said:

True, but we have some people saying that GT5 is delayed to 2010 when that just isn't true.

It was true. Yamauchi himself said it was very possible back in July. It's nice to know they got ahead of schedule and now he can laugh at the idea of 2010, but it was him that put the idea there in the first place. Here's the excerpt from the IGN review, July 2008: (Check the bolded excerpt)

IGN: Lastly, what's the status on the full Gran Turismo 5? Where are you at in production?

Kazunori Yamauchi: Of course after this next update, we're going to have another update later on in the year. There's no plans in the works for GT5 yet - that might be 2009, or it might be 2010... But we're totally focused on getting the updates through for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and that's all we're focused on.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.