By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Wow. The number of weeks to 50% just goes down. Let's wait and see how things change when the shopping season is over.

Around the Network

Great OP.

How did I miss this thread before? It's very interesting. Thank you for your time and effort.

The numbers for the week ending the 27th of December are up. Wii gets a 250k+ lead this week as well, though christmas is over, and next week will probably be back to normal.

The gap has shrunk to just above 1 million now.

This weeks adjustments were in favor of the Wii, with +90k for wii and -60k for PS360.

The 5 week avarege would probably not be very useful this week, but here it is just for kicks.

Adjustments for the last 5 weeks:
Wii vs PS360: +345,949 vs -102,107
Gap difference: -448,056
Total Marketshare difference: +0.270%

Last 5 weeks weekly:
Wii vs PS360: 7,397,187 vs 6,062,328
Gap difference: -1,334,859
Total Marketshare difference: +0.98%

Combined:
Wii vs PS360: 7,743,136 vs 5,960,221
Gap difference: -1,782,915
Total Marketshare difference: +1.26%

EDIT: Neat. This is my 600th post.

This is invisible text!

Thanks for the update. :)

Around the Network

Honestly, I'm guessing the Wii will break 50% before the end of January: mid-February at the latest. Console sales always cool off after the holidays, but the Wii has historically taken longer to cool off than other consoles. This will cause the Wii's marketshare to spike even as the fever dies down for all three of them, and since it already has so little distance to cover, I don't think it's a stretch to predict that it will break 50% early.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

At the 1 million mark! If this weeks sales are indicative of anything, perhaps by early February. Amazing.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
appolose said:

At the 1 million mark! If this weeks sales are indicative of anything, perhaps by early February. Amazing.

no mid-late Feb because everyone will get their tax refunds back from the US Gov if they are a US citizen. January will be a slow as hell month but US sales for all console will see a good boost in February.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
appolose said:

no mid-late Feb because everyone will get their tax refunds back from the US Gov if they are a US citizen. January will be a slow as hell month but US sales for all console will see a good boost in February.

I suppose, although it would need to outsell the other two by 200k per week to reach early Februaury (rather optimistically); I know sales for all drop in this month, but how much will the rate-of-outsell?

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

Probably going to go up to 10 weeks now...