By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix trademarks 'Crawlian' and 'Ogre Battle'

I wonder why did they have to renew their Ogre Battle patent, maybe since now that they purchased Quest they have to declare that they are now the owners of the franchise?
Either way it's good news, I only played Tactics Ogre for the GBA and it was a fantastic game, I always wonder why I've never played Let Us Cling Together. I'd be willing to play a new Ogre game

Though no Matsuno means no Queen references. Boo

Around the Network

me want some ogre battle

yes!!!!!!!!!! ogre battle on the GBA was one of my favourite games ever!

I hope we get info on it soon

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

zexen_lowe said:

I wonder why did they have to renew their Ogre Battle patent, maybe since now that they purchased Quest they have to declare that they are now the owners of the franchise?
Either way it's good news, I only played Tactics Ogre for the GBA and it was a fantastic game, I always wonder why I've never played Let Us Cling Together. I'd be willing to play a new Ogre game

They purchased Quest a long time ago... if anything they prolly have to renew it after not doing anything with it for so long.

Sad, i like most other Ogre Battle fans was hoping they'd sell the title rights to Matsuno, Nintendo or some other company that actually helped make a good ogre battle game.

Kasz216 said:
zexen_lowe said:

They purchased Quest a long time ago... if anything they prolly have to renew it after not doing anything with it for so long.

Yeah, I meant that, probably I didn't word the sentence very well, but I meant that since they own Quest and the last OB game was done before they did, they had to renew the patent now that they want to do a sequel

Around the Network
youjiro said:

Knight of Lodis?  If you liked that you should get the original on PS1.  Let us Cling Together. It was what made the tactics genre what it is.  Right down to the character designs.

Also the story was much better... and the battle system was better.

Kasz216 said:
youjiro said:

Knight of Lodis?  If you liked that you should get the original on PS1.  Let us Cling Together. It was what made the tactics genre what it is.  Right down to the character designs.

Yep I was addicted to knights of Lodis, especially trying to get all the endings.

I didn't know the origional was a ps1... wish I could play it. If theres any chance of it being downloadable in the future I would so get it!

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

youjiro said:
Kasz216 said:
youjiro said:

Yep I was addicted to knights of Lodis, especially trying to get all the endings.

I didn't know the origional was a ps1... wish I could play it. If theres any chance of it being downloadable in the future I would so get it!

Well it was originally an SNES game that got ported to PS1.  Though I think it was only released in Japanese.

If you can ever find a copy, it still holds up in my opinion.  Story is a lot more mature then Knight of Lodis though... as your basically playing an ethnic group that's being put down... and put in like labor camps and the like.

Soriku said:
Dear Square Enix,

Since you haven't done anything with Ogre Battle (and Quest in general) in a long time, sell the rights to Matsuno. Or just sell the entirety of Quest. 'K thanks.

Dear Nintendo,

Hire Matsuno. Assuming Matsuno is working on the new Monolith Soft RPG, have him do that first and make a new Ogre Battle. 'K thanks.

I wonder what it would be like... I mean he did seem to care about sales.  FF tactics was a direct result of finding that his stories were too complex for the main media so he dumbed it down.  (As seen in FF Tactics and future games.)

I'm probably just being pessmistic though.

Hey Kasz216, nice to see anohter Ogre Batte/Tactic Ogre fan. Hopefully this patent situation means that we will get a new title in the series or at the very least a VC release of Ogre Battle, Tactics Ogre, and Ogre Battle 64. I want Tactics Ogre the most since its the one I got to play the least. Knights of Lodis was very good and far better than both of the FFTA games on GBA/DS.

EDIT: I thought that Matsuno already worked for Nintendo?