By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - There's something inherently wrong with MK vs. DC Universe.

BringBackChrono said:
Well, theoretically , Raiden should be able to beat Superman even if he has all his powers. Even in DC universe all the Gods(old and new) are considered more powerful than Superman( not including Superman Prime). Heck, Captain Marvel can pwn Superman.

i know, i mentioned that theoretically raiden is the only person in mk that can possibly hurt S-man. Maybe Shang Tsung too, if we stretch the facts.

Around the Network
bugrimmar said:
The Fury said:
bugrimmar said:
The Fury said:
bugrimmar said:

that massive flaw you speak of can only be exploited by people who can actually possess a fragment of the long lost planet.

i remember seeing colossus and juggernaut having a fight, where tanks, buildings, and the like were being thrown at each other. in the end of it all, juggernaut indeed won, but it was a toughie. also, what about the hulk? he and wolverine acknowledge each other's strengths in battle and so that means wolverine is up there in the top tier. and i'm not about to believe juggernaut is far beyond the hulk. that means wolverine definitely has a chance against juggernaut. i also remember in a cartoon that an optic blast from cyclops removed juggernaut's helmet. easy to remove.

but yea, good that you see the point. even if juggernaut is stronger than the hulk (which is not the case), he can only be stronger by an incremental (small) amount. S-man, however, is stronger by 1000x. S-man is stronger by leaps and bounds. He is so far beyond everyone.

Yes, and it seems a fair amounth of Superman's villians (or at least main one's) have it, I mean Luthor has loads and Metallo has it crafted into his chest. Now fair enough Darkseid can stand his own but he's not human.

Hulk can beat Juggs in strength but Hulk's durability is base on physical power, his skin is tough but can be pentrated, Stabberine's claws is example of that. Wolverine cannot harm Juggernaut because of Juggs's invulnerbility, he might outsmart him but Wolverine cannot harm Juggernaut. As a fan, I'm sure you know, like I do, cartoon is not the comics and the comics are where the characters are defined. (And lets not say Wolverine is top tier, murdering bar-stewards have no place there).

Superman is powerful sure, he's got strength, speed beyond anyone but does that really make him better?

...I think I've moved on my conversation into my 'Superman is crap' arguement's I use when talking to people, sorry about that.

Back to subject, yes, Superman will win in MKvsDC, based on comics powerscales.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
bugrimmar said:
The Fury said:
bugrimmar said:
The Fury said:
bugrimmar said:

that massive flaw you speak of can only be exploited by people who can actually possess a fragment of the long lost planet.

i remember seeing colossus and juggernaut having a fight, where tanks, buildings, and the like were being thrown at each other. in the end of it all, juggernaut indeed won, but it was a toughie. also, what about the hulk? he and wolverine acknowledge each other's strengths in battle and so that means wolverine is up there in the top tier. and i'm not about to believe juggernaut is far beyond the hulk. that means wolverine definitely has a chance against juggernaut. i also remember in a cartoon that an optic blast from cyclops removed juggernaut's helmet. easy to remove.

but yea, good that you see the point. even if juggernaut is stronger than the hulk (which is not the case), he can only be stronger by an incremental (small) amount. S-man, however, is stronger by 1000x. S-man is stronger by leaps and bounds. He is so far beyond everyone.

Yes, and it seems a fair amounth of Superman's villians (or at least main one's) have it, I mean Luthor has loads and Metallo has it crafted into his chest. Now fair enough Darkseid can stand his own but he's not human.

Hulk can beat Juggs in strength but Hulk's durability is base on physical power, his skin is tough but can be pentrated, Stabberine's claws is example of that. Wolverine cannot harm Juggernaut because of Juggs's invulnerbility, he might outsmart him but Wolverine cannot harm Juggernaut. As a fan, I'm sure you know, like I do, cartoon is not the comics and the comics are where the characters are defined. (And lets not say Wolverine is top tier, murdering bar-stewards have no place there).

Superman is powerful sure, he's got strength, speed beyond anyone but does that really make him better?

...I think I've moved on my conversation into my 'Superman is crap' arguement's I use when talking to people, sorry about that.

yes, the main villains do have it. but where will a guy like kano get it?

hulk's durability and strength is directly tied to his rage. when thanos fought him, he was very surprised that this thing would not stop because the more he got hit, the more he wanted to fight. so the fact that wolverine can damage him and induce a sense of equality with him means wolverine is up there with the hulk, and hence up there with juggernaut.

S-man's qualities definitely does make him better than everyone else. he has the combination of everything good about every other character out there. and the only real way to beat him is to have that rare fragment of a planet long gone, or be an insanely crafted conspiracy called 'doomsday' (the biggest mistake in dc's existence).

bugrimmar said:
The Fury said:

hulk's durability and strength is directly tied to his rage. when thanos fought him, he was very surprised that this thing would not stop because the more he got hit, the more he wanted to fight. so the fact that wolverine can damage him and induce a sense of equality with him means wolverine is up there with the hulk, and hence up there with juggernaut.

S-man's qualities definitely does make him better than everyone else. he has the combination of everything good about every other character out there. and the only real way to beat him is to have that rare fragment of a planet long gone, or be an insanely crafted conspiracy called 'doomsday' (the biggest mistake in dc's existence).

Villains are in this game, are they not? I'm sure Luthor or Joker will have some to trade somwhere.

And true Hulk's strength is based on rage and potentially limitless. But again that is the difference between physical durabuility which has no limits and Juggernaut's based based in vulnerbility. Juggernaut may never be as strong as Hulk but he's invulnerable, which is a definately, while Hulk's durability is not.

And magic, he's weakened by magic, this includes godly.

And he most certainly is not better, physical powers do not make you better, just more powerful. Heck even is character and values are nothing compared to Captain America.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
bugrimmar said:
The Fury said:

Villains are in this game, are they not? I'm sure Luthor or Joker will have some to trade somwhere.

And true Hulk's strength is based on rage and potentially limitless. But again that is the difference between physical durabuility which has no limits and Juggernaut's based based in vulnerbility. Juggernaut may never be as strong as Hulk but he's invulnerable, which is a definately, while Hulk's durability is not.

And magic, he's weakened by magic, this includes godly.

And he most certainly is not better, physical powers do not make you better, just more powerful. Heck even is character and values are nothing compared to Captain America.

uh.. its mk vs dc. the dc dudes are banding together to fight the mk dudes (according to the story on gametrailers)

i disagree that the hulk is more vulnerable than the juggernaut. gladiator practically removed him from the face of the earth in three seconds, therefore has an amount of vulnerability (even if gladiator is rather cosmologically based). the way you say it makes it seem like jug can't be hurt at all by any means. wolverine possesses the toughest and strongest material in the universe embedded in his skeleton. i'm sure that can pierce through juggernaut's armor.

erm.. since when do character and values help in winning a real fight? never. i thought we were meaning 'better' to be 'better in battle'. no one is better in battle than S-man (aside from the aforementioned mistake of dc named doomsday).

Around the Network
bugrimmar said:

uh.. its mk vs dc. the dc dudes are banding together to fight the mk dudes (according to the story on gametrailers)

i disagree that the hulk is more vulnerable than the juggernaut. gladiator practically removed him from the face of the earth in three seconds, therefore has an amount of vulnerability (even if gladiator is rather cosmologically based). the way you say it makes it seem like jug can't be hurt at all by any means. wolverine possesses the toughest and strongest material in the universe embedded in his skeleton. i'm sure that can pierce through juggernaut's armor.

erm.. since when do character and values help in winning a real fight? never. i thought we were meaning 'better' to be 'better in battle'. no one is better in battle than S-man (aside from the aforementioned mistake of dc named doomsday).

Ah, then...I dunno, Superman's team wins. :)

It's not Juggernaut's armour, his invulnerability is given to him by the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak, a mystical item that gives whoever is Juggernaut, certain powers, one of those is a mystically gain invulnerbility, total invulnerbility protecting him from any physical harm. Even Wolverine's claws. It is the difference between a psyical power and a mystical. Hulk is all physical and Juggernaut all mystical and mystical magics deal with absolutes while physical power's do not. That doesn't mean Juggernaut can't be beaten, he can and has often. He's lose in a straight strength fight to many people, Hulk and Apolcaypse for example but that doesn't mean he'd come to any harm during the fight.

In a recent story a full powered Juggernaut and Hulk (World War Hulk story) duked it out, with Hulk winning not through beating Juggernait because he couldn't but by tricking him and removing him from the area of battle until the comic ended, by then Juggs use was wasted.

Ah okay...sorry, in a battle, Superman is king. Although could Darkseid not put up a good fight? I'm ignoring cosmic gods here for course.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
bugrimmar said:

Ah, then...I dunno, Superman's team wins. :)

It's not Juggernaut's armour, his invulnerability is given to him by the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak, a mystical item that gives whoever is Juggernaut, certain powers, one of those is a mystically gain invulnerbility, total invulnerbility protecting him from any physical harm. Even Wolverine's claws. It is the difference between a psyical power and a mystical. Hulk is all physical and Juggernaut all mystical and mystical magics deal with absolutes while physical power's do not. That doesn't mean Juggernaut can't be beaten, he can and has often. He's lose in a straight strength fight to many people, Hulk and Apolcaypse for example but that doesn't mean he'd come to any harm during the fight.

In a recent story a full powered Juggernaut and Hulk (World War Hulk story) duked it out, with Hulk winning not through beating Juggernait because he couldn't but by tricking him and removing him from the area of battle until the comic ended, by then Juggs use was wasted.

Ah okay...sorry, in a battle, Superman is king. Although could Darkseid not put up a good fight? I'm ignoring cosmic gods here for course.

yeah, i understand your point about juggernaut's body having invulnerability. when i said 'armor' i was merely saying it as an expression (steel of my armor = meaning my self confidence, personal will power, etc.), and not a literal piece of armor :P

but the way i understand his invulnerability is that yeah, his body will not deteriorate under physical attacks. my point was that he can be handily defeated in a myriad of ways. the fact you mentioned there with how hulk beat him is a good example. and in fighting games this is definitely an indication of jug's 'beatability': he can be outsmarted, his will can be broken, he can be knocked out, and he can be stunned. and he can definitely be hurt and feel pain, though it will never show on his body.

yeah dark did put up some kind of fight.. but it was rather cheap, don't you think so?

bugrimmar said:

It's a cool idea! Sub-Zero takes on Green Lantern, Batman takes on Kano, Rayden takes on Superman.... etc.

but there's just something wrong about it that i can't quite stomach.

since when does Superman (from here to be called S-man) actually get hurt by physical attacks and such? If the game allows fatalities to be performed on S-man, it's just going to be a joke. I mean, the other characters, fine, they can get hurt. But the product description of S-man states he's not allowed to be hurt except by kryptonite.

The only possible opponent I can reasonably stomach that 'may' hurt S-man is Raiden, since he's a god of thunder, and since S-man has shown that he can get hurt by electricity fromt Nuclear Man in Superman 4. But now I'm going to see S-man get his head taken off by Sub-Zero (assuming that's his fatality), get a bullet through his noggin from the Joker (Jesus Christ, S-man doesn't even get affected by bullets), and even get tossed around by Sonya Blade's legs?

Aside from his impenetrable defense, we all know S-man to have more power than any other character ever dreamed of. His one punch can tear apart an entire country. His arms can carry entire pieces of land. He can even turn back time (Superman 1)! Then why is it, that in this game, S-man punches like a mere mortal? Like a freaking softie???

Hell no! I will not allow this affront on S-man to be! We must defend S-man from this would be desecration of his powers! Sign this petition to make S-man 100x more powerful than any character in the game, for the sake of balance. Please!

(-Superman fan since day 1)

Uh

Hol on, I have to find my nerd apologist glasses

Going into Outworld lowers Superman's powers. And everyone else's. Outworld has some bad mojo going down.

There we go.

Fei-Hung said:
I don't understand something which hopefully a superman fan can help me with.

The latest superman film (superman returns) tells us Sman and Louis Lane had sex (surprisingly it didn't kill her) and she gave birth to a super child. I'm not trying to be funny, but if this kid kicked like most babies do during pregnancy, how the hell did Louis Lane survive without having her stomach torn open every time the baby kicked inside of her :S

ok s-man movies 3 and 4 are non canon so the history on sman returns come from super man 2 in that movie he gave up his powers to be with her, maybe it was then she got pregnant, but anyway they did have sex when hi still had his powers

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

I scrolled down hoping this thread wouldn't have turned into a "Superman rules" thread with lots of links to prove it, but it did.