By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - There's something inherently wrong with MK vs. DC Universe.

It's a cool idea! Sub-Zero takes on Green Lantern, Batman takes on Kano, Rayden takes on Superman.... etc.

but there's just something wrong about it that i can't quite stomach.

since when does Superman (from here to be called S-man) actually get hurt by physical attacks and such? If the game allows fatalities to be performed on S-man, it's just going to be a joke. I mean, the other characters, fine, they can get hurt. But the product description of S-man states he's not allowed to be hurt except by kryptonite.

The only possible opponent I can reasonably stomach that 'may' hurt S-man is Raiden, since he's a god of thunder, and since S-man has shown that he can get hurt by electricity fromt Nuclear Man in Superman 4. But now I'm going to see S-man get his head taken off by Sub-Zero (assuming that's his fatality), get a bullet through his noggin from the Joker (Jesus Christ, S-man doesn't even get affected by bullets), and even get tossed around by Sonya Blade's legs?

Aside from his impenetrable defense, we all know S-man to have more power than any other character ever dreamed of. His one punch can tear apart an entire country. His arms can carry entire pieces of land. He can even turn back time (Superman 1)! Then why is it, that in this game, S-man punches like a mere mortal? Like a freaking softie???

Hell no! I will not allow this affront on S-man to be! We must defend S-man from this would be desecration of his powers! Sign this petition to make S-man 100x more powerful than any character in the game, for the sake of balance. Please!

(-Superman fan since day 1)

Around the Network

You know what else is wrong with it?
I don't have it yet.
lol

Anyway, according to the reports so far, most of this will start to make sense in the game (well, at least as much as any other MK game, that is...)

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

to be honest i found the game idea a bit silly.

I think its because something like in the MK universe, the DC heroes lose their super powers, and maybe they have a red Sun too

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

They are taking two set of of popular characters and trying to cash in. I heard they are going for a Teen rating so I think there will be no gruesome fatalities. I think they are just going to knock them out

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Around the Network

all Mortal Kombat characters are somewhat super hero's. If you look at all the games; they been stabbed, shot at, beaten with batons, pierced with razor sharp fans, had rockets, missiles and grenades thrown at them etc etc.

Also consider the fact that they are fighting under the conditions set by the gods. Gods can take away power just as easy as they give it, i.e. MK2 the film where Rayden is stripped of his power and Lui Kang is given the power to perform an animality.

Just the same as when Superman is a regular joe on his planet and only has these super powers on ours or in our galaxy.

All that they have done here is even the odds by making all competitors equal to make the fights fair. Which means bringing down super man to human strength or bringing up the competitors to match his.

well it's already wrong to begin with...

Persona4 = WIN

PSP fanboi

Fei-Hung said:
all Mortal Kombat characters are somewhat super hero's. If you look at all the games; they been stabbed, shot at, beaten with batons, pierced with razor sharp fans, had rockets, missiles and grenades thrown at them etc etc.

Also consider the fact that they are fighting under the conditions set by the gods. Gods can take away power just as easy as they give it, i.e. MK2 the film where Rayden is stripped of his power and Lui Kang is given the power to perform an animality.

Just the same as when Superman is a regular joe on his planet and only has these super powers on ours or in our galaxy.

All that they have done here is even the odds by making all competitors equal to make the fights fair. Which means bringing down super man to human strength or bringing up the competitors to match his.

there's no justifying the act of making S-man have only human powers. no 'gods' can remove S-man's powers.

And even if this is the case, how come S-man retains his heat vision and super breath in the game? Take super breath as the prime example. He can only do this because he has extremely powerful lungs to go with his extremely powerful body. So in this game, how come he has super powerful lungs, but no super powerful body?

its just dumb and a lame attempt to discredit S-man's powers.

xman said:
They are taking two set of of popular characters and trying to cash in. I heard they are going for a Teen rating so I think there will be no gruesome fatalities. I think they are just going to knock them out

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41910.html

Here's a couple of the fatalities/heoric brutalities

And a bit of an explanation from the trailer...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42124.html

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

@bugrimmar
Lets just apply the same method here which the DC guys have been doing for years for the sake of continuity, namely, its an alternate universe, with its own set of rules

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach