By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Guitar Hero DLC skipping Wii?

The thing I see that is a problem is the Hendrix tracks aren't going to be available at all. Not just the track pack. Unless that was omitted accidentally...

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

Is the full Metallica album available for download on the Wii?

DLC is already confirmed for Wii.

The GH: WT developer said that Wii will get the same DLC that Xbox 360 and PS3 get. However, Nintendo does not let the developer sell the same song as part of a track pack and by itself so they developer decided to release all songs on Wii as singles.

I hope that helped everyone who seems to be confused (most in this thread).

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

FreeTalkLive said:
The GH: WT developer said that Wii will get the same DLC that Xbox 360 and PS3 get. However, Nintendo does not let the developer sell the same song as part of a track pack and by itself so they developer decided to release all songs on Wii as singles.

I hope that helped everyone who seems to be confused (most in this thread).

That sucks though...the track packs usually offer a better deal than the single tracks if you want the majority of the songs. I like the choice of having the track pack and the singles.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

Well, it's confirmed. I'm glad I search for a thread like this because I almost created a new one...

Hendrix DLC won't come to Guitar Hero on Wii
24 Comments by Justin McElroy Nov 17th 2008 10:00AM
Filed under: Nintendo Wii, Rhythm

And now, our only White Men Can't Jump reference for all of 2008. We hope you enjoy it.

Those who prefer their Guitar Hero World Tour on the Wii may be able to listen to Jimi Hendrix, but they can't hear him ... at least, not while they're playing. Activision told MTV Multiplayer that the recently released Hendrix three-track pack would not be coming to the Wii, as it only allows for single-track downloads. "Certain artists prefer to keep the integrity of the track pack rather than releasing singles," the rep said.

We don't know what to add other than to say we're surprised that Jimi Hendrix's ghost takes such an interest in the Wii's infrastructure.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/11/17/hendrix-dlc-wont-come-to-guitar-hero-on-wii/

This sucks. I've been waiting for the Hendrix tracks and now I can't download them. The "integrity of the track pack" is bullshit.

chasmatic12 said:
Well, it's confirmed. I'm glad I search for a thread like this because I almost created a new one...

Hendrix DLC won't come to Guitar Hero on Wii
24 Comments by Justin McElroy Nov 17th 2008 10:00AM
Filed under: Nintendo Wii, Rhythm

And now, our only White Men Can't Jump reference for all of 2008. We hope you enjoy it.

Those who prefer their Guitar Hero World Tour on the Wii may be able to listen to Jimi Hendrix, but they can't hear him ... at least, not while they're playing. Activision told MTV Multiplayer that the recently released Hendrix three-track pack would not be coming to the Wii, as it only allows for single-track downloads. "Certain artists prefer to keep the integrity of the track pack rather than releasing singles," the rep said.

We don't know what to add other than to say we're surprised that Jimi Hendrix's ghost takes such an interest in the Wii's infrastructure.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/11/17/hendrix-dlc-wont-come-to-guitar-hero-on-wii/

This sucks. I've been waiting for the Hendrix tracks and now I can't download them. The "integrity of the track pack" is bullshit.

So I was right afterall! I suppose the majority is going to say they don't care though.

-TheRealMafoo