By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eternal Sonata bombed, 10k 1st week(NA).

Jason77 said:
For me i don't buy a year old game....

i did for enchanted arms, and lost planet BUT both were at highly discounted prices think EA was like 20 bux and lost planet was 30-32. but paying FULL price AKA 60 bux for a port of a year old 360 game is just stupid im sorry lol.

Around the Network

this is good ,,developers will learn not make timed exclusive deals with MS cause at then end it will cost them alot.

I don't know what you guys are talking about with all the disapointment. This game was NOT a big hit. It sold 250k total on the 360 over a year, its not like its some million copy selling game that underperformed. It is more or less performing the same on the PS3 as on the 360 (better in Japan, not quite as well in NA).

It's not like a port turns a semi flop into a hit.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

The full price for a port definetly hurts.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I think everyone was expecting low sales.

I just don't think Namco was. Or at least they were hoping it would sell well.

Does this even cover the costs of porting it?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

Frankly i dont care about this game.... a year old port versus a brand spanking new RPG which is Valkyria Chronicles makes a huge difference. Plus the fact that the game is fully priced, gameplay is ok at best (if you want a good ARPG play Kingdom Hearts or The Witcher), and to many new exclusive games.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I'm one of those proud 10,000 who bought the game :)

It's all about the game.

starcraft said:
leo-j said:
10k is very bad IMO

Even if it did release a year later, to me it seems that those RPG hungry gamers havent moved onto a ps3 yet..

Some rationality at last.

That's not "some rationality", that just what you want to see it as. You want to claim that the 360 is the "RPG king". How about I apply that logic to Bioshock. Bioshock is a high profile shooter, which the PS3 has a good fanbase for, and it sold like crap on the PS3. Is it because "shooter starved gamers haven't come to the PS3 yet"? No, it's because it's an old, full price game that would have been played by the majority of people when it came out a whole 12 months ago. Not to mention every big game is being release with days of each other because it's the holdays

There are over 2 million PS3 owners in Japan and only a litte under 800k 360 owners, and I'm willing to bet that it will sell less on the PS3 over there.

Let's see what happens when they start getting simultaneous releases.

Defending this? Is it really what i could read. Its a big mess. 10K, teh lowest?

Not good. I know its a port and all that. But its the first jrpg (Enchanted was more like srpg, remmeber). And ES did BAD.

Sad but true.

Maybe it was a ''limited'' release? And next week numbers will be likely high. Or close to 10k. Legs, please...

I know some friends (Scandinava, huh) that imported the game. Cant be the only ones.. I just see it strange. And bad. But hype is truly gone for Eternal Sonata..For some..