By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hot Shots Golf 5 Gets Four 9's From Famitsu

I own a PS3, but I don't understand golf games. 4 9/10? Someone shoot me.

Around the Network

Minna no Golf is a lot of fun, I only own the PSP version but so far has been one of the most addictive games for me on the PSP. Give me a quirky Golf game and I'm devoted.

@Windbane, ... I said... "except" FFXII, refering to reviews from S.E. games for about the past 2 years or so. Have no idea how the scores were before, but I doubt their has been any changes in their way of reviewing S.E. published games. Although personally I'm not really fond of FFXII, but that's really a matter of taste. KH2 on the other hand.... love it, but got also over the top scores from Famitsu, nearly perfect score 39/40.

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

Does anyone know when this game comes to NA?

I don´t know if someone postet it before, but here is the complete list (all games above 30/40 points in black):

Minna no Golf 5 [Everybody's Golf 5] (PS3, Sony): 9 / 9 / 9 / 8 - (36/40)

J-League Winning Eleven 2007 (PS2, Konami): 8 / 9 / 9 / 8 - (34/40)

Forever Blue [Endless Ocean] (Wii, Nintendo): 10 / 8 / 9 / 8 - (35/40)

Konchuu Wars (NDS, Success): 7 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (28/40)

Remy no Oishii Restaurant [Ratatouille] (NDS, THQ): 5 / 6 / 6 / 5 - (22/40)

Slide Adventure: Mag Kid (NDS, Nintendo): 7 / 7 / 7 / 8 - (29/40)

Zettai Onkan Master (NDS, Hudson): 8 / 7 / 8 / 8 - (31/40)

Remy no Oishii Restaurant [Ratatouille] (PS2, THQ): 5 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (23/40)

Harry Potter to Fushichou no Kishidan (Wii, EA): 4 / 6 / 5 / 5 - (20/40)

Never played the previous Hot Shots golf games, but the game certainly looks good judging from Japanese trailers. Good Japanese-style art direction, certainly a game I will follow. But there are already over 10 PS3 games I am intending to buy the coming months as well as a few more PS2 games, together with Home and everything I don't know I have to time play all of them and I'm currently addicted to Super Stardust HD...

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

I used to really like hearing about Famitsu scores because (up until a couple of years ago) they used to be one of the hardest reviewers in the world; most games had a great deal of difficulty breaking 30 and quite often games would get scores that were below 20. Over the past few years I have seen the scores creeping up and I can't help but get the impression that the same factors which caused inflation in North American reviews has impacted Japan; publishers threatening to pull ads and refusing to do features if you don't give their game an 'appropriate' score.

Louie said:

I don´t know if someone postet it before, but here is the complete list (all games above 30/40 points in black):

Minna no Golf 5 [Everybody's Golf 5] (PS3, Sony): 9 / 9 / 9 / 8 - (36/40)

J-League Winning Eleven 2007 (PS2, Konami): 8 / 9 / 9 / 8 - (34/40)

Forever Blue [Endless Ocean] (Wii, Nintendo): 10 / 8 / 9 / 8 - (35/40)

Konchuu Wars (NDS, Success): 7 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (28/40)

Remy no Oishii Restaurant [Ratatouille] (NDS, THQ): 5 / 6 / 6 / 5 - (22/40)

Slide Adventure: Mag Kid (NDS, Nintendo): 7 / 7 / 7 / 8 - (29/40)

Zettai Onkan Master (NDS, Hudson): 8 / 7 / 8 / 8 - (31/40)

Remy no Oishii Restaurant [Ratatouille] (PS2, THQ): 5 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (23/40)

Harry Potter to Fushichou no Kishidan (Wii, EA): 4 / 6 / 5 / 5 - (20/40)

I also saw this on a Dutch gaming site, curious, but how come here it says HSG5 3x 9 and 1x 8, while it suppose to receive 4x 9?

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

likely a mistake. In the end there's a 36/40 and 9+9+9+8=35

@Wiigirl: I´t´s probably just a mistake... question is: Is the total score (36/40) correct, or did one reviewer really give an 8 to the game? I really don´t know...

So close to 4 10s, if only it had the Wii remote to get that extra point :0P