By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How do you play?

Do you play mostly online, with friends and family or alone? I play almost entirely by myself now. When I was younger and lived with my family, I used to play about half the time by myself and the rest of the time with my brother or at friend's houses. Now once in a while I might play with my girlfriend but she doesn't like to play much. Occasionally I'll have friends over and we'll play but that is pretty rare.

Now that I'm older and my friends and I all are working different schedules, many of us are with significant others and even others have children. So it's hard to get together to play. Also some of my friends have "outgrown" video games. (Can you believe I'm still friends with these people?) I really miss the old days when I was in grade school and high school and we would play video games all the time. Those were honestly some of the best times in my life, getting together with friends and being mostly care free just sitting back and playing video games.

There's online which I have played a little bit of but it's just not the same. I will probably play a little more online when I get an Xbox 360 or PS3. Wiispeak might make online gaming more fun so I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully a lot of games will use it and maybe it will somehow be compatible with older games as well?

So how do you play video games and what do you prefer?

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Around the Network

i finish the single player and try to do all possible sidequest, beat secret bosses.

then spend all i time i can in the online til i get sick. (Metal gear online)

but i also play with my friends at the uni, kart in the DS... or brawl in the wii but generally at my friends i only take wiimote.

brawl online its awful so its not worth it.

Almost exclusively alone, I've played a few times Guitar Hero with my brother, and of course when I go to a friends house or someone comes we play Winning Eleven or Soul Calibur, and I played a few times Age of Empires II and SWAT4 online with some friends, but other than that, I only play single player

PES 08 with my friends, i play wii with my brother and his children (they visit me 3 times a week lol), i play my pc games offline and alone

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

I either play splitscreen games at a friends house or Online with my friends at my own house

Around the Network

Online and with friends (not online with friends :P)

95% alone, 5% with friends.
Both are super awesome in different ways.

80% alone 20% socially. But I love that 20%.

80% with friends - even games like Zelda, there's usually a few of us spectating and taking turns