By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 3: ps3 vs 360

It looks like gamespot and IGN have ranked the ps3 version lower.  Gamespot gave the ps3 an 8.5 vs a 9.0 for the 360. Additionally, IGN gave the ps3 version 9.4 while the 360 got a 9.6.  From gamespot:

It's a shame, in light of these impressive design elements, that the PlayStation 3 version is shockingly inferior to the others from a technical perspective. Although the Xbox 360 and PC versions display the occasional visual oddity and bland texture, these nitpicks are easy to overlook. Sadly, the jagged edges, washed-out lighting, and slightly diminished draw distance of the PS3 release aren't so easy to dismiss. We also experienced a number of visual bugs on the PS3. Character faces disappeared several times, leaving only eyeballs and hair; limbs on robots went missing; some character models had an odd outline around them as if they were cel-shaded; and the day-to-night transition may cause odd streaks on the screen as you move the camera around. This version doesn't even offer trophies, whereas the Xbox 360 and PC versions offer Xbox Live/Windows Live achievements.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/fallout3/review.html?page=2

Around the Network

Who cares? As long as it plays and is fun thats all that counts right?

Meh, the only thing I needed to know was that the PS3 version doesn't have trophies.

Man, I just rented it and I went with the PS3 version.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

it still looks like it will be a good game for pc/36/ps3. just a few things here and there on the ps3 that aren't even really all that big of a problem

Around the Network

Go Gamerscore!

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

I think i will miss this game, sad.
I wanted this game so much but i saw the review which says "Fallout 3 looks rubbish on PS3" ,without trophies and DLC =.=

can't wait to try it out on the Xbox 360

Ender said:

It looks like gamespot and IGN have ranked the ps3 version lower.  Gamespot gave the ps3 an 8.5 vs a 9.0 for the 360. Additionally, IGN gave the ps3 version 9.4 while the 360 got a 9.6.  From gamespot:

It's a shame, in light of these impressive design elements, that the PlayStation 3 version is shockingly inferior to the others from a technical perspective. Although the Xbox 360 and PC versions display the occasional visual oddity and bland texture, these nitpicks are easy to overlook. Sadly, the jagged edges, washed-out lighting, and slightly diminished draw distance of the PS3 release aren't so easy to dismiss. We also experienced a number of visual bugs on the PS3. Character faces disappeared several times, leaving only eyeballs and hair; limbs on robots went missing; some character models had an odd outline around them as if they were cel-shaded; and the day-to-night transition may cause odd streaks on the screen as you move the camera around. This version doesn't even offer trophies, whereas the Xbox 360 and PC versions offer Xbox Live/Windows Live achievements.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/fallout3/review.html?page=2

i would have given bonus points for that, personally

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I want to know if the exclusive DLC will work... again...

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...