By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance 2 will get higher metacritic score than Gears of war 2!

selnor said:
LOL when I saw this thread.

Metacritic has Gears after 28 reviews at 95. And R2 scraping 90 after just 8 reviews.

It's harder to maintain a higher average with more reviews. (well thats logical and mathematically correct as you need to impress more people). I think looking at it it's possible for R2 may achieve less than 90 average. This should tell the story between the 2 really.

PLEASE do not LOL at other people's predictions

It only takes a glance at Kingofwale's sig to know you have possibly the worst predictions the site has ever seen

Fable 2 will sell 1.5 Million on day 1 INDEED selnor! I won't dare say the ones that were worse than that....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

This won't end well.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

@Darth, Notice Selnor changed his Sig

darthdevidem01 said:
selnor said:

Metacritic has Gears after 28 reviews at 95. And R2 scraping 90 after just 8 reviews.

It's harder to maintain a higher average with more reviews. (well thats logical and mathematically correct as you need to impress more people). I think looking at it it's possible for R2 may achieve less than 90 average. This should tell the story between the 2 really.

It only takes a glance at Kingofwale's sig to know you have possibly the worst predictions the site has ever seen

Fable 2 will sell 1.5 Million on day 1 INDEED selnor! I won't dare say the ones that were worse than that....

I LOL at myself to. I actually meant to put week 1. But realised it way to late. Of course I would never believe an RPG would sell 1.5 mill in 1 day. My actual prediction of first week wasnt far off.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
EaglesEye379 said:
Whats surprising (ok not really) is that most of the reviews cited graphics/presentation as a reason to put Resistance 2 down a bit. Like for example the Gamepro one:

Bigger, badder and better than the first, Resistance 2 improves upon the formula set by its predecessor in almost every way. Unfortunately, a handful of minor issues, such as less than stellar graphics, keep this game from reaching the high bar set by competing titles like "Call of Duty 4" and "Gears of War 2."

Gamepro has really been directly to the point lately. At least they didn't choose to go PC in their review and say "both games are equal," and just give Gears higher ratings in a couple of categories, like IGN.

They gave a real opinion. IGN was just afraid to give the nod to one game or the other.

It's funny that Gamepro says that it focuses on bigger brighter, less realistic environments when people usually blast games for having no color because real life (tm) has color.

They also say the stand out mode in Gears of War 2 is the horde mode.  A mode where you bascially just take cover and defend from a horde of locusts.  Then they blast Resistance 2's co-op campaign by saying that it offers limited variety of the pushing buttons and miniboss type.  They even say that Resistance 2's co-op is repetitive, as if horde mode is infallible to the same issues.

Don't get me wrong.  I am not saying Resistance 2 is a better game.  I am not saying that Gears of War 2 isn't a better game.  I'm just calling out that review site for having double standards.  Every paragraph in the Resistance 2 review basically said "well there's this thing which is cool but...." while the Gears of War 2 sounds like a fanboy review.

It's all hype.  GTA4 had a HUGE amount of hype leading up to it, multiple 10's from sites that had given out 1 or 2 10's in their entire history, and look at how the game really turned out.  I think everyone can agree that Gears of War 2 had at least twice the hype surrounding it that Resistance 2 had.  And that certainly makes a difference in review scores, especially these early reviews.  But again, I'm not saying Resistance 2 deserves a better score than Gears of War 2.  I have no way of knowing because I haven't played Gears of War 2.  But I feel that Resistance 2 is getting an unfair amount of nitpicking.

Around the Network
blazinhead89 said:

Yeah I know. I changed my mind after I made that comparison thread. I watched all the videos in HD again and just prefered the graphics of Gears 2. So hence I had to change my sig. LOL.

selnor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
selnor said:

I LOL at myself to. I actually meant to put week 1. But realised it way to late. Of course I would never believe an RPG would sell 1.5 mill in 1 day. My actual prediction of first week wasnt far off.

What about THESE ones selnor (directly from kingofwale's sig):

Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day.

GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day),

Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day)

BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day)..

Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million!

______

Yup you should LOL at youself

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

bobobologna said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
EaglesEye379 said:
Whats surprising (ok not really) is that most of the reviews cited graphics/presentation as a reason to put Resistance 2 down a bit. Like for example the Gamepro one:

Bigger, badder and better than the first, Resistance 2 improves upon the formula set by its predecessor in almost every way. Unfortunately, a handful of minor issues, such as less than stellar graphics, keep this game from reaching the high bar set by competing titles like "Call of Duty 4" and "Gears of War 2."

Gamepro has really been directly to the point lately. At least they didn't choose to go PC in their review and say "both games are equal," and just give Gears higher ratings in a couple of categories, like IGN.

They gave a real opinion. IGN was just afraid to give the nod to one game or the other.

It's funny that Gamepro says that it focuses on bigger brighter, less realistic environments when people usually blast games for having no color because real life (tm) has color.

They also say the stand out mode in Gears of War 2 is the horde mode.  A mode where you bascially just take cover and defend from a horde of locusts.  Then they blast Resistance 2's co-op campaign by saying that it offers limited variety of the pushing buttons and miniboss type.  They even say that Resistance 2's co-op is repetitive, as if horde mode is infallible to the same issues.

Don't get me wrong.  I am not saying Resistance 2 is a better game.  I am not saying that Gears of War 2 isn't a better game.  I'm just calling out that review site for having double standards.  Every paragraph in the Resistance 2 review basically said "well there's this thing which is cool but...." while the Gears of War 2 sounds like a fanboy review.

It's all hype.  GTA4 had a HUGE amount of hype leading up to it, multiple 10's from sites that had given out 1 or 2 10's in their entire history, and look at how the game really turned out.  I think everyone can agree that Gears of War 2 had at least twice the hype surrounding it that Resistance 2 had.  And that certainly makes a difference in review scores, especially these early reviews.  But again, I'm not saying Resistance 2 deserves a better score than Gears of War 2.  I have no way of knowing because I haven't played Gears of War 2.  But I feel that Resistance 2 is getting an unfair amount of nitpicking.

Well the first Resistance wasnt a AAA game, and yes ive finished it. So R2 I had hopes would be better and it seems it is. But well, I didnt expect Halo, MGS4 or Gears type scores. This is one reason why I am holding out on commenting about KZ2's gameplay until reviews. Because the first was worse than R1.

selnor said:
blazinhead89 said:

Yeah I know. I changed my mind after I made that comparison thread. I watched all the videos in HD again and just prefered the graphics of Gears 2. So hence I had to change my sig. LOL.

Yeah but your sig said, "Best In game Engine graphics on Console? Easily" . Now Your Sig says "In Game Engine Graphics". Instead of "In Game Engine CONSOLE Graphics" .

Best way to look at it right now is like this............... Gears of war 1 94%, Gears of war 2 (currently 95% and can change) vs Resistance 1 86%, resistance 2 (currently 91% and can change) I think that pretty much sums up who is the DADDY of shooters here.

Not only is Gears 2 owning both resistance 1 & 2 right now but Gears 1 is owning them both too.....................

Right now Gears is about to deliver the knockout blow, Can resistance come back? I personally doubt it.

Nice try resistance, see you in 2 years time when its Gears 3 vs resistance 3.