By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance 2 will get higher metacritic score than Gears of war 2!

Skeeuk said:
i will never ever ever buy gears 2 over resistance 2, there not comparable, resistance 2 offers everything i want in a shooter.

gears will aggregate higher due to fanboy reviews, and will sell more due to install base, but resistance 2 is better game 2008 all the best games r on ps3

Wow, that really makes you sound like a fair and balanced poster.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Yikes, Gears 2 has a 96 after 19 reviews!?

That has to drop after a few more come in. It's a long road to 100 reviews, but 96 is sick....1 point higher than LBP currently, with about 1/2 the reviews.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Whats surprising (ok not really) is that most of the reviews cited graphics/presentation as a reason to put Resistance 2 down a bit. Like for example the Gamepro one:

Bigger, badder and better than the first, Resistance 2 improves upon the formula set by its predecessor in almost every way. Unfortunately, a handful of minor issues, such as less than stellar graphics, keep this game from reaching the high bar set by competing titles like "Call of Duty 4" and "Gears of War 2."

EaglesEye379 said:
Whats surprising (ok not really) is that most of the reviews cited graphics/presentation as a reason to put Resistance 2 down a bit. Like for example the Gamepro one:

Bigger, badder and better than the first, Resistance 2 improves upon the formula set by its predecessor in almost every way. Unfortunately, a handful of minor issues, such as less than stellar graphics, keep this game from reaching the high bar set by competing titles like "Call of Duty 4" and "Gears of War 2."

Gamepro has really been directly to the point lately. At least they didn't choose to go PC in their review and say "both games are equal," and just give Gears higher ratings in a couple of categories, like IGN.

They gave a real opinion. IGN was just afraid to give the nod to one game or the other.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

If RFOM 2 gets an 89 im gonna get myself banned. I don't want to see the fan get hit by the crap.

Tease.

Around the Network

360 exclusive games graphically can compete with ps3 exclusive graphics confirmed lol , Roll on Alan wake.

Ok, Maybe the ps3's graphics are a tad better but its impressive that a machine thats over a year older can still do stellar graphics.

Guess this ain't happening haha and now per Gamespy;

While it's certainly open to debate, we're going to go out on a limb and call Gears of War 2 the most visually impressive game of all-time.

Best looking game of all time (granted I'm sure they are talking consoles here).

This happens be the only line highlighted for the Gamespy review on Metacritic as well lol.

Well done E.P.I.C. for tapping in to the TRUE POWER of the almighty xbox 360...... and they said theres still room for improvement.

LOL when I saw this thread.

Metacritic has Gears after 28 reviews at 95. And R2 scraping 90 after just 8 reviews.

It's harder to maintain a higher average with more reviews. (well thats logical and mathematically correct as you need to impress more people). I think looking at it it's possible for R2 may achieve less than 90 average. This should tell the story between the 2 really.

I Said, Even as a true Sony fan That Gears 2 would get higher. A Nicer bit of competition Graphically, Physics system, Gameplay wise is Killzone 2. Competition makes for better games