By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance 2 will get higher metacritic score than Gears of war 2!

Ronster316 said:
Best way to look at it right now is like this............... Gears of war 1 94%, Gears of war 2 (currently 95% and can change) vs Resistance 1 86%, resistance 2 (currently 91% and can change) I think that pretty much sums up who is the DADDY of shooters here.

Not only is Gears 2 owning both resistance 1 & 2 right now but Gears 1 is owning them both too.....................

Right now Gears is about to deliver the knockout blow, Can resistance come back? I personally doubt it.

Nice try resistance, see you in 2 years time when its Gears 3 vs resistance 3.

Bioshock = 96% :)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
selnor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
selnor said:
LOL when I saw this thread.

Metacritic has Gears after 28 reviews at 95. And R2 scraping 90 after just 8 reviews.

It's harder to maintain a higher average with more reviews. (well thats logical and mathematically correct as you need to impress more people). I think looking at it it's possible for R2 may achieve less than 90 average. This should tell the story between the 2 really.

PLEASE do not LOL at other people's predictions

It only takes a glance at Kingofwale's sig to know you have possibly the worst predictions the site has ever seen

Fable 2 will sell 1.5 Million on day 1 INDEED selnor! I won't dare say the ones that were worse than that....

I LOL at myself to. I actually meant to put week 1. But realised it way to late. Of course I would never believe an RPG would sell 1.5 mill in 1 day. My actual prediction of first week wasnt far off.

What about THESE ones selnor (directly from kingofwale's sig):

Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day.

GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day),

Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day)

BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day)..

Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million!

______

Yup you should LOL at youself

OK. Major LOL. I'm almost positive that I meant to type in first week. LOL at myself hard. I know you think I am this big fanboy, but seriously you think I meant to type first day? I think I got carried away LOL.

Hey I'm not a bad bloke, But I agree that is really funny. Everything there I still hold by (except with first week instead of day). Apart from the Jrpg ones. That was optimism at it's highest.

All I can say is I hope Kingofwale enjoys trying to make other people feel inferior on a daily basis. To me it's water off a ducks back, but I'm sure in real life he/she is not that insecure about themselves.

selnor said:
bobobologna said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
EaglesEye379 said:
Whats surprising (ok not really) is that most of the reviews cited graphics/presentation as a reason to put Resistance 2 down a bit. Like for example the Gamepro one:

Bigger, badder and better than the first, Resistance 2 improves upon the formula set by its predecessor in almost every way. Unfortunately, a handful of minor issues, such as less than stellar graphics, keep this game from reaching the high bar set by competing titles like "Call of Duty 4" and "Gears of War 2."

Gamepro has really been directly to the point lately. At least they didn't choose to go PC in their review and say "both games are equal," and just give Gears higher ratings in a couple of categories, like IGN.

They gave a real opinion. IGN was just afraid to give the nod to one game or the other.

It's funny that Gamepro says that it focuses on bigger brighter, less realistic environments when people usually blast games for having no color because real life (tm) has color.

They also say the stand out mode in Gears of War 2 is the horde mode. A mode where you bascially just take cover and defend from a horde of locusts. Then they blast Resistance 2's co-op campaign by saying that it offers limited variety of the pushing buttons and miniboss type. They even say that Resistance 2's co-op is repetitive, as if horde mode is infallible to the same issues.

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying Resistance 2 is a better game. I am not saying that Gears of War 2 isn't a better game. I'm just calling out that review site for having double standards. Every paragraph in the Resistance 2 review basically said "well there's this thing which is cool but...." while the Gears of War 2 sounds like a fanboy review.

It's all hype. GTA4 had a HUGE amount of hype leading up to it, multiple 10's from sites that had given out 1 or 2 10's in their entire history, and look at how the game really turned out. I think everyone can agree that Gears of War 2 had at least twice the hype surrounding it that Resistance 2 had. And that certainly makes a difference in review scores, especially these early reviews. But again, I'm not saying Resistance 2 deserves a better score than Gears of War 2. I have no way of knowing because I haven't played Gears of War 2. But I feel that Resistance 2 is getting an unfair amount of nitpicking.

Well the first Resistance wasnt a AAA game, and yes ive finished it. So R2 I had hopes would be better and it seems it is. But well, I didnt expect Halo, MGS4 or Gears type scores. This is one reason why I am holding out on commenting about KZ2's gameplay until reviews. Because the first was worse than R1.

What does what you wrote have anything to do with what I wrote?

Oh man, I forgot about this thread. Seriously, you can't go by metacritic or gamerankings, it's REALLY flawed (not saying favoring one console, just the way it's run in general). R2 got a B+ from 1up, and Metacritic (and gamerankings) translated that to an 83 - weird, but it gets worse. Gears of War 2, got an A from 1up and metacritic translated that to a 100... an A which is DEFINITELY not 17 points above B+

outlawauron said:
matt247 said:
IGN gave the first gears a 94, you don't think it can get a higher score than that? I think the first gears will have a higher score than R2.

You just got owned. It scored a 9.5 from IGN.

Kinda funny actually.

it's kind of funny that you're wrong and idiotic enough to believe R2 is better than gears 1

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Ronster316 said:
Best way to look at it right now is like this............... Gears of war 1 94%, Gears of war 2 (currently 95% and can change) vs Resistance 1 86%, resistance 2 (currently 91% and can change) I think that pretty much sums up who is the DADDY of shooters here.

Not only is Gears 2 owning both resistance 1 & 2 right now but Gears 1 is owning them both too.....................

Right now Gears is about to deliver the knockout blow, Can resistance come back? I personally doubt it.

Nice try resistance, see you in 2 years time when its Gears 3 vs resistance 3.

Bioshock = 96% :)

Nice counter............. Its a shame your referring to a multiplat game that happens to be better on the 360 anyway, Oh, and Orange box 360 96% vs orange box ps3 89% says hello.

megaman2 said:
matt247 said:
IGN gave the first gears a 94, you don't think it can get a higher score than that? I think gears of war 2 will have a higher score than R2.

fixed

you shouldn't misquote me when my original statement was true

What are reasons for Gears 2 getting 10s? Money or something else?

The game is innovative? Has great story? Then what???

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

blazinhead89 said:
selnor said:
blazinhead89 said:
@Darth, Notice Selnor changed his Sig

Yeah I know. I changed my mind after I made that comparison thread. I watched all the videos in HD again and just prefered the graphics of Gears 2. So hence I had to change my sig. LOL.

Yeah but your sig said, "Best In game Engine graphics on Console? Easily" . Now Your Sig says "In Game Engine Graphics". Instead of "In Game Engine CONSOLE Graphics" .

Yeah ok, I get the point. To me after playing Gears and Assasins Creed on my mates uber PC against his 360 versions there is no real difference apart from some minor popin issues and higher resolution. The detail is pretty identical and his PC plays Crysis on Ultra by the way. So I believe that what you see there (720p shot) is gonna be extremely close on 360 for over 4 years dev time on both platforms.

ha guys guess what. Gears 2 got the same score as Resistance 2 on IGN. The review just came out today. Judging from the other scores given to Gears 2 by Australia and what not, I think the score was brought up a bit, so Sony fanboys, such as ourselves wouldn't brag about it to Microsoft fanboys.