By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - SCEE Platinum status requirements for PS3 & PSP games

Platinum PlayStation 3 (PS3)

This year we launched the PS3 Platinum range with five of the best tracks on this computer entertainment system. A PS3 title must have sold over 400 000 copies in the PAL area to receive the Platinum status.

Platinum PSP (PlayStation Portable)

The PSP Platinum Platinum titles are among the biggest success of the PSP system, the system of portable entertainment, which allows you to play where you want, whenever you want.  A PSP must have sold over 250 000 copies in the PAL area to receive the Platinum status.

SCEE Press Release (French)

Around the Network

So Fifa 09 and Pes 09 is already there.

that threshold is way too low. too many games are reaching that target.

Well what can possibly be said, i guess they can make almost every game in existence a platinum then.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I'm sure there are plenty of PS3 games which never ship 400k in PAL region. UK, which is roughly around 1/4 - 1/5 of PS3 PAL sales only has 18 games tracked over 100k by Chart-Track.

Around the Network

I think 400k is just right for the PS3, many will never reach that target in PAL so I think it accurately shows the best selling.