By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Clone Wars Lightsaber Duels Rock or what?

Wii_R2_Hardcore said:

I just hope is a decent game. I mean, they tried to do a good game with TFU but were mostly focused on the ps360 versions. It seems that Jedi Knight Outcast is still better. Reviewers destroyed all the versions of TFU. It seems that only true star wars nerd fans liked it. Now, the clone wars movie was no good either. And I am not trusting the reviewers this time because being a Wii exclusive they are going to hate it by default. So maybe I just gotta wait and see...

Yeah thats what I'm hoping too. Since it was build ground up that it will be at least an 80% or better game. I know it looks like its fun, but you'll never know. Like Samba De Amigo for example, It's fun but like all the reviews have stated they could have twinked the controls abit, and that takes away from it; its the type of game that deserves a sequel with Motion+ added to make the programming easier...

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Around the Network
senortaco said:
The_vagabond7 said:
Without the motion + I'd have to say no. It's going to just be a waggle fest akin to Soul Calibur Legends. Not really tactile or resembling actual dueling so much as shaking the wiimote instead of pressing a button.

How would Motion+ plus change it from a "waggle fest"? Motion+ is uitmately designed to make programming for the controls easier, but if you want to swing the remote like a madman it WON'T change that.

Wii motion + isn't just a programming tool. It changes the wiimote from innacurate gesture based control into true 1:1 motion sensing. As it stands now, your character on screen reacts to a quick jerk in a direction from the wiimote. He doesn't approximate the motion you just made, he just acts like you pressed a "swing left" button. Motion + will make the sword on screen move exactly as your wiimote in hand. If you tried to just shake the wiimote rapidly, he would just approximate just that and be moving the sword 2 inches in every direction very quickly and act like a moron in general. With Wiimotion+ he would enact exactly what you are doing adding an awesome element of precision skill where previously there was only gesture based waggle.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

It could though something tells me it's not going to be that good.