By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Wii Guitar Hero World Tour review. (8.8)

http://wii.ign.com/articles/923/923891p1.html

For those that already saw the PS360 review, why do you think there is such a huge difference it can't be just because of Mii integration and Mii Freestyle.

7.0 Presentation
World Tour's overall design isn't as strong as it could be. The newer "band" elements all feel a bit tacked on, with character creation, band options, and on-screen interface. Needs work.
7.0 Graphics
Still PS2-like overall. No major change from Guitar Hero III visually. Some frame issues with four players.
8.0 Sound
There's some great music in here (both live and recorded tracks), but we could use more crowd and bass/drums audio next time around. Over 80 tracks is a huge achievement on Wii.
8.5 Gameplay
The hardware rocks, drum parts are fun, the game is harder than Rock Band overall, tons of modes, online, and intuitive connectivity for Wii users. Music creator could be more intuitive.
9.5 Lasting Appeal
You've got online, a full music-creation community, an exclusive Mii Freestyle mode, automatic SD card transfer for a true DLC experience, and a massive amount of modes. This is a huge package.
Great
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Around the Network

I believe FishyJoe already posted this.

Pixel Art can be fun.

I didn't see the posting for Wii version anywhere. Do you have a link? I want to share my opinion on this review. Which is far less biased and more fair than the review they did for PS360.

Nice. Hopefully I can find it this week after I get paid.

Not sure what to get, this or rock band. I know the guitar is better on guitar hero, anyone know how sturdy the drums are in GH?

Around the Network

it's a sweet game, i've been playing it the last few days at my friend's place. I haven't played rock band though so i can't compare the 2.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Different people, different scores. I think it's as simple as that.

Just focusing on the wii side of things, GH3 got an 8.6, and this is certainly an improvement with the addition of DLC, so I don't see how a lower score could be justified.

They made it pretty clear to me that it got the extra score because the developer went the extra mile on Wii--from the reading from SD cards, automatic sign-in online when you turn the game on, DLC, etc. Commonplace on the other systems, but Wii owners aren't yet used to such extraordinary features.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
They made it pretty clear to me that it got the extra score because the developer went the extra mile on Wii--from the reading from SD cards, automatic sign-in online when you turn the game on, DLC, etc. Commonplace on the other systems, but Wii owners aren't yet used to such extraordinary features.

So actually making an effort on the Wii is rewarded. Then again, developers should have been making an effort a while ago.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

@izaaz101

it's also an improvement cause it adds a mike & drums :p
& of course exclusive mii integration & mii freestyle.
Also, don't forget new modes like music creator.

It's easy to see why this got a higher score than the previous version :)