By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - K-Mart gets punished for selling Fable 2 early

PandaexpressPanda said:
thats messed up, its bad enough kmart has to compete with wal mart, and at the end of the day its not like anyone was harmed over selling a game early....

Australian Kmart doesnt have to compete with Walmart

Around the Network
matt247 said:
misteromar mk4 said:
I dont get why they have strict release dates, if they get stock early why not let the shop sell it and make money and the consumer have their game to play.

The street date should be that the shops will have the game in stock no later.

Because it's unfair to other stores. If everyone buys it at one store because they got it early then another store will lose sales and maybe they'll get mad and no longer keep their games in stock.

The store's still have limited stock, so they cannot take all the business away.

If you go to a shop and they have a game you realy want in stock, but they wont sell it to for another 3 days etc, that shit sucks.

They should just have free for all, first in best dressed. It would be a advantage to smaller business that are not slowed down by large supply chains, like major department store.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

ssj12 said:
Microsoft are seriously major pricks of this is true. Sony is happy when companies sell their game early.. Microsoft flips out? wtf... shows Sony is the better company.

Yup. Sony would never do some rotten shit like that.

Off-topic but does anyone know why my Lik Sang order didn't go through?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth is so cool!!

In the town where I used to live there was an independant gamestore. It used to be the centre of gaming in my town before it closed down. Anyway the woman there always used to sell games as soon as they came in. I got my GBA days before it was officially released.

Around the Network

@ oxy: really, comparing two lawsuits that are completely different in nature to this one? Smart move....(well, if you have seen borat, you can guess what comes next)

ssj12 said:
Microsoft are seriously major pricks of this is true. Sony is happy when companies sell their game early.. Microsoft flips out? wtf... shows Sony is the better company.

It isn't for M$'s sake.  It is for fair play with other retailers.  If M$ were to give one retailer early release rights to a game that would be a big thing for the retailer and a not so good thing for other retailers.  This is the exact same thing, except without M$'s approval.

It appears K-Mart got what it deserves. They got caught in the act. End of discussion.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Onyxmeth said:
ssj12 said:

Yup. Sony would never do some rotten shit like that.

Off-topic but does anyone know why my Lik Sang order didn't go through?

not at all the same. Sony was trying to stop importers from getting their hands on a product that could have had different software and be incompatible with games released in the EU due to region coding. So really they were protecting their fanbase.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

If this is their first offense I think a 2-week hold and the fine are too much. I say stick em with the fine first time. If they keep it up then pull games from them.