By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Get a brand new Arcade 360 from Target, 6 games for $174 plus tax

I was in Circuit City today about to buy an Arcade when I realized it didn't have the free Sega Tennis game. So I am heading home and see a Target. Worth a shot ...

I see an Arcade, with the free Tennis game, but then, I see this.

With 6 games and wireless controller. Availability dates subject to change. 
Free $25 Target GiftCard-SM with purchase of Xbox 360 Arcade system! Quantity limited; no rain checks.

I was like 'No way, son!' So I snagged it - but the dude couldn't ring it up right, so I got the Arcade, the 6 games and an extended warranty for $209. However, with the Arcade, MS will give me a free 512 memory card or a refurbed 20gb HDD for $20 - or one with 3 months of LIVE for $30. I tell you - with tax, you can snag a 20gb 360 with HDMI and quieter fan for under $210. Not a bad deal at all.

Edit: The Arcade was $199 - but since he couldn't get the gift card added for free, he deducted the $25 GC off the price of the Arcade, lowering it to $174.

Around the Network

To make this story worthwhile to anyone else, would you mind telling us what six games came with it? There's a lot of great bundles being released, so choices are numerous and so are the savings. It would be nice to know how yours measures up.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Sure - it came with these game:

Pac-Man Championship Edition
Boom Boom Rocket
Luxor 2
Feeding Frenzy
UNO
SEGA Superstars Tennis

Since it was under $200, the 3-year extended warranty was just $20.

It sounds like an irregularity or mistake. I checked Target's website and there was sign or mention of it. Maybe if I get a chance, I'll see if the Target by me has this deal but I doubt it. I think you may have gotten lucky and made out like a bandit.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

coasterlove said:
It sounds like an irregularity or mistake. I checked Target's website and there was sign or mention of it. Maybe if I get a chance, I'll see if the Target by me has this deal but I doubt it. I think you may have gotten lucky and made out like a bandit.

Look in the weekly ad on their site. The offer is not available online. I got it because I was looking to maximize the free game deal. I am thinking about reselling the Sega Tennis game, and then reselling my Premium when it gets back from MS with the 20gb at full price. It was a great deal - and the giftcard made it worth it. It's only available on the Arcades, though. You can add the HDD from MS for just $20 though.

Around the Network

not a bad price, tho the only game worth it is sega superstar tennis

madskillz said:

Boom Boom Rocket
Luxor 2
Feeding Frenzy
UNO
SEGA Superstars Tennis

Also, let's not forget about another fantastic deal offered by Bestbuy Canada.

9 Wii Games for only $59.99

The shooting one
The find mii -
The ping pong 
The pose mii -
The neon hockey 
The fishing 
The canons - 
The pool game
The cow racing

What a fantastic deal!!!!

wait, it gets better, you also get Wiimote for free!!!!!!!

Be sure to bring your sleeping bag and wait in line.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Firing up the the propaganda machine, madskillz?

You do not have the right to never be offended.

ChichiriMuyo said:
Firing up the the propaganda machine, madskillz?

So, paying $199 for an 360 Arcade - which is normal - and getting an extra game and gift card is propaganda? What herbs are you smoking? Please - if you are going to troll, go elsewhere. I don't see any other stores offering a free gift card with the purchase of an Arcade.

Get a clue.

kingofwale said:
madskillz said:

Boom Boom Rocket
Luxor 2
Feeding Frenzy
UNO
SEGA Superstars Tennis

Also, let's not forget about another fantastic deal offered by Bestbuy Canada.

9 Wii Games for only $59.99

The shooting one
The find mii -
The ping pong 
The pose mii -
The neon hockey 
The fishing 
The canons - 
The pool game
The cow racing

What a fantastic deal!!!!

wait, it gets better, you also get Wiimote for free!!!!!!!

Be sure to bring your sleeping bag and wait in line.

Meh. I got WiiPlay for $5 - I snagged 2 Wiimotes for like $15 a pop.

This, however, is pretty much a much more reliable 360 Premium for $210 and a 256mb memory card and your choice of a 512mb memory card for free (that would make it $190 after taxes) or $210 with the 20gb hard drive. I am gonna see if MS lets me have both the memory card and the HD for $20. Besides - if you just get the $25 gift card and just save it, it would be like $216 after taxes.

The goodies are what made me bite.