By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Square Enix givin the PSP sum Lovin' and givin the PS3 sum hatin?

darthdevidem01 said:
@DmsiterJ

combined they could be...

@soriku

the topic is on the front page

No.

FFXII barely crossed 5 million, and that was on a userbase, 2x the combined PS360 will be when XIII launches. 

If XIII does 5 million, it won't only be on PS3.  And the spin-off always does worse than the base series.  I'd be surprised if both combined topped seven million.

Around the Network

DMesiterJ why not?

GT5 will get 10M sales, why would a huge franchise such as FF not get a combined of 10M for 2 big games?

Kingdizzii said:
DMesiterJ why not?

GT5 will get 10M sales, why would a huge franchise such as FF not get a combined of 10M for 2 big games?

No.  it won't.

What sales do you predict then?

Kingdizzii said:
What sales do you predict then?

Have no idea when the game will launch, and what sales of the system will be like then.  Too hard to predict.

Around the Network

I find the GT prediction very easy as every flag ship GT game sells 10M and this one certainly will be no different. FFXIII should easily get 5M sales and so should Versus, there is absolutely nothing hard gathering educated predictions.

Market saturation? I talk about it all the time but sadly people are clueless

No.

Versus will probably sell like FFX-2 (in relation to X): over a million, possibly the higher end, but it won't pass 2 million without luck and legs. And considering how cheap FFX-2 was to make, that's not really a good thing with lower sales expectations.

FFXIII will probably do somewhere in the high 2 millions/low 3 million. I think that entirely depends on the install base and how many people willing to pick up a PS3 just for FFXIII, and this will effect Versus in that it will msot likely do 50-60% of what FFXIII did.

Either way, there's no chance in hell both combined will 10 million in Japan.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Did you just compare versus to x-2?

damn.................

ClaudeLv250 said:

No.

Versus will probably sell like FFX-2 (in relation to X): over a million, possibly the higher end, but it won't pass 2 million without luck and legs. And considering how cheap FFX-2 was to make, that's not really a good thing with lower sales expectations.

FFXIII will probably do somewhere in the high 2 millions/low 3 million. I think that entirely depends on the install base and how many people willing to pick up a PS3 just for FFXIII, and this will effect Versus in that it will msot likely do 50-60% of what FFXIII did.

Either way, there's no chance in hell both combined will 10 million in Japan.

yes they will.

worlwide.

FF13 sales (360+PS3) will get close 7-8 million.

Versus will 3 million easily. WW.

its a nomura game people... look at FF game sales by nomura....

square would have to make the crappiest FF ever to sale of each game go below 5 million ww.

DMeisterJ said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@DmsiterJ

combined they could be...

@soriku

the topic is on the front page

No.

FFXII barely crossed 5 million, and that was on a userbase, 2x the combined PS360 will be when XIII launches.

If XIII does 5 million, it won't only be on PS3. And the spin-off always does worse than the base series. I'd be surprised if both combined topped seven million.

FF12 released in the month of the PS3 release & after FF13 had been announced just like FF9 was released in the month PS2 released & after FF10 had been announced- --- result both sold 5 million.

Expect FF13 to do 8 million like FF10.....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey