By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - White Knight Chronicles/stories japan sells

Amazon.com is a fair judge of the market in some cases (Wii Fit was #1 when it was set to launch in Japan), but it's mostly inaccurate. Fable II above Wii Music and Chrono Trigger, and Pokemon Platinum? It's a pretty poor representation of sales.

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
codename64546 said:
crossbone said:
from amazon's bestseller, its similar with fable2, and worse than TLR
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_ts_h?pf_rd_p=50166106&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_t=2101&pf_rd_i=home&pf_rd_m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pf_rd_r=0QTXS9DSR3WK3EQ1RDN1
I think it's just about 100-150K first week, no more than 250k LTD

What's with  the Amazon link? Can't read Japanese...

250k lifetime? With it's promising features(In my opinion, more promising than TLR)... HELL NO way!!! And how can you compare when it's not yet even released?

He wants to prove that WKC will sell bad because it's below Fable II and below TLR in amazon.jp

Oh ic, LOL @ amazon :p

Persona4 = WIN

PSP fanboi

MontanaHatchet said:
Amazon.com is a fair judge of the market in some cases (Wii Fit was #1 when it was set to launch in Japan), but it's mostly inaccurate. Fable II above Wii Music and Chrono Trigger, and Pokemon Platinum? It's a pretty poor representation of sales.

Agreed, Amazon sells a ton of games worldwide.

1st Day 200k
1st Week 400k
1st Month 600k
Life Time 1 million(I hope so).

Hard to say

On one hand, they have a 3.6 Million Seller hit in Japan with DQVIII...but that is also DQ.

The rest of their games (with the exception of Layton) all had modest sales with games like Jeanne D'arc, DC 1/2 and Rogue Galaxy, all falling into a 200k to 400k range. However, all these games were met with critical acclaim and praise, some more then others, so very good games are associated with Level 5.

Releasing during the Holiday period should help, although I think a December 18th release would have been better then December 25th. But I'm sure many people will use Xmas money to buy gifts, (possibly even get the game pre-ordered as a gift?) as gift exchange in Japan is generally on the 24th is it not? I'm not exactly an expert on Japanse customs for certain Holiadys.

So taking this into account mixed in with the fact this is the PS3's first big RPG and it will get tons of marketing and hype....

Lifetime Sales of 1.2 Million

Around the Network
Stats87 said:

Hard to say

On one hand, they have a 3.6 Million Seller hit in Japan with DQVIII...but that is also DQ.

The rest of their games (with the exception of Layton) all had modest sales with games like Jeanne D'arc, DC 1/2 and Rogue Galaxy, all falling into a 200k to 400k range. However, all these games were met with critical acclaim and praise, some more then others, so very good games are associated with Level 5.

Releasing during the Holiday period should help, although I think a December 18th release would have been better then December 25th. But I'm sure many people will use Xmas money to buy gifts, (possibly even get the game pre-ordered as a gift?) as gift exchange in Japan is generally on the 24th is it not? I'm not exactly an expert on Japanse customs for certain Holiadys.

So taking this into account mixed in with the fact this is the PS3's first big RPG and it will get tons of marketing and hype....

Took the words right outta my keyboard. +1.

Stats87 said:

Hard to say

Not necessarily true. Most Holiday sales happen the first week of January. Most Japanese are not Christian and then do not celebrate Christmas.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

A bit too early for this thread?

First day- 175K
First week- 300K
First month- 450K
Lifetime sale- 500K

If it's heavily hyped and marketed then could go as high as 750K.

outlawauron said:
Stats87 said:

Hard to say

Not necessarily true. Most Holiday sales happen the first week of January. Most Japanese are not Christian and then do not celebrate Christmas.

Still, you would not belive how big christmas is in japan...trust me...