By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - cartoon network vs nickelodeon

alright everyone, its a sunday afternoon and i'm still recovering fro last night so i'm not going anywhere today.  since i have time, what do you all think is the better channel between the two?  i prefer cartoon network since i think that nickelodeon has lost a lot of its appeal.  a lot of the new shows are not that good to me but the old ones from doug till fairly odd parents are all great.  heck i'll even throw avatar in the list of good shows.  CN is the channel i watch now because of Adult Swim and the recently canceled toonami.  so lets hear your choices and why.  also, if you want to include your favorite shows, go on ahead.

CN:  ed edd n eddy, naruto, dbz, bleach, family guy, boondocks, and johnny bravo.  oh, can't forget total drama island, my guilty weekly pleasure

Nick:  all the old pre 2001 cartoons

Around the Network

Cartoon network. Nickelodeon jumped the shark as soon as Catdog came out.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Right now. Cartoon Network for me. I love Chowder, Total Drama Island and Flapjack. Nickelodeon seems to be going downhill imo.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Both are full of horrible, horrible shows. But Cartoon Network at least had Adult Swim if you wait long enough. You've got Family Guy, The Boondocks, and if you're willing to stick around for the rest of the crap, some anime.

akuma587 said:
Cartoon network. Nickelodeon jumped the shark as soon as Catdog came out.

Funny... thats the only show I liked from them :P But yeah CN is superior IMO :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Nickelodeon has been really shitty lately. I still don't know why you don't want some football, because that's the best medicine for a hangover =P.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

true, just watched my raiders get worked by baltimore but the sting of my school losing to penn state last night still lingers man.  it sucked that we lost but it ended up still being a fun night

Nickelodeon (in the 90's ofc, wtf has happened to it now).

MontanaHatchet said:
Both are full of horrible, horrible shows. But Cartoon Network at least had Adult Swim if you wait long enough. You've got Family Guy, The Boondocks, and if you're willing to stick around for the rest of the crap, some anime.

quarashi said:
Nickelodeon has been really shitty lately. I still don't know why you don't want some football, because that's the best medicine for a hangover =P.

what he said ....can't go wrong with food network either. AMC has a horror fest thing going on for the whole week if you like watching classic horrors.