By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 2 Length Can Vary Dramatically Based on Playstyle (WARNING: Spoilers)

crumas2, I'm with you, since I've picked up my copy of Fable 2 on launch day. I've dedicate as much time as I can to the game, but I made the mistake of getting my wife motivated about playing the game, and she's not a gamer, and always whines about me spending too much time playing WOW and other game...lol...now she's ABSOLUTLELY HOOKED on Fable 2...and i mean HOOKED. The reason is for this very fact...you feel like you're living in the game, and not just going around questing and killing monsters. She's trying to own everything and she'll probably log more hours in Albion then me.

Back to my gaming in Fable 2, I'm trying to get nearly maxed by the end of the game. I'm not al that interested in some epic battle to kill the final boss, as I'm more interested in the story telling aspect, so my sense of accomplishment will be in the fringe achievements, like Blacksmith and Woodcutter. Also in getting to be the leader of Albion is an achievement I NEED by the end of this game. I'm not sure how Fable 2 ends, but i DO know that DLC looks to be rip for this game, and I don't me just the minor addition, but instead a massive $20-30 DLC patch to extend the game's life thru 2009. I'd love to see it for next year this time, with some minor additions in the meantime. Fable 2 was hyped, and it delivered 110% for my expectations.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network
Riachu said:
Picko said:
Riachu said:
jasonnc80 said:
I'll file this one under the "duh" category :)

For myself I'm about 8 hours in and just finished the first hero. I had already got my blacksmithing up, bought a couple houses, & married before I left the first town. I'm on the way back to the Hero's cave right now so not sure how far I have to go but I see getting a pretty good amount of mileage out of the game.

I trying to figure out how many hours I played Fable II but I can't because the game only tells me how long I played the game in terms of seconds and not hours. I have played the game for over 18,000 seconds.

I am getting the second hero in terms of the main story. In terms of the overall game, I have a wife and a child. I have bought two houses(one for my family and another to rent out). I am still trying to figure out how to get someone to rent my rented out house. I need the rent money to pay the daily allowence for my family in the game.

The house should be rented out automatically when you selected the option when you purchased the place. The money is then sent to you every 10 minutes (or something similar). You can adjust the level of the rent by pressing A at the sign outside the house.

I meant I am trying to figure out if someone is suppose to rent the house on their own or I am suppose to pursuade someone to rent it.

Well that's kind of what I meant. You don't need to persuade anyone, it's automatically rented out by someone.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 
MrBubbles said:
Garnett said:
Honestly i dont see why people Rush thru games,I mean you dont rush through movies,Are people that patience to play games?

actually...i sometimes watch movies at speed 1.5.  i can get the same experience in a shorter period of time.

I tried that with an exercise video, but I didn't get the results I expected.

Next, I'm going to try and build a microwave Buck Stove.  My hope is to be able to spend an entire evening in front of the fireplace in only 10 minutes.

OT... to each his own.  Doing the simulation thing in an RPG doesn't work for everyone.  People have different objectives.

you should level up the accuracy skill because doing headshots to people trying to kill ya is fun especially annoying zombies, undead monsters and werewolves. Taking them out with one hit head shots :D  *hold the Y button down to zoom in with the aim and use the LT button & left analogue to switch targets around the body*

If you get bandits coming after you can kill all and leave one of em alive.. aim and take out their weapons leaving them just to hit you with their firsts and hurl insults at em with the emotion wheel thingy

I am taking the prolonged path. I am basically polishing off the content in each area before I move forward. I am over twenty five hours into the game at this point, and have yet to move beyond the second card. I have practically purchased all the property available to me in the second and third town. Have married twice. Have one child. Have obtained paragon. Receive over seven thousand gold on my investments per turn. Have used potions to radically upgrade my character. Have found over fifty treasures. Have done a dozen or so side quests. Mastered two professions. I am also flush with items and equipment.

I would say this game is going to clock me well over a hundred hours, because I am not rushing, and am just enjoying myself thoroughly. Each area has a lot to offer, and there are a lot of little activities to micro manage. Has anyone else noticed the great care given to the side quests they are almost worthy of main quest status.

Anyone just rushing through this game is missing out on so much fun its almost tragic. Thus far the height of depression and hilarity for me has been playing the female character. I thought the whole pregnancy angle would be a hilarious fiasco. I was imagining labor striking her in the middle of a dungeon. Alas its a black scene to baby. On the upside however is lesbian relationships. Can you imagine the conservative media did not catch light of this. Your able to have same sex marriages.

Around the Network
Dodece said:
On the upside however is lesbian relationships. Can you imagine the conservative media did not catch light of this. Your able to have same sex marriages.

I was wondering when the press are gonna pick the GTA violence when you turn the safety thing off.. running around town gunning people down or sniping them with either head shots or crouch shots..you CANNOT shoot the 9 year old kids..

Its even worse when you sexual advance on the adults and when the children stick around they say "I'm only 9 years old" but this is British humour I guess which is very dark..