By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My top 10 list of the wii myths

I think the list is quite relevant. Some of the myths may or may not be true. Lack of a variety of traditional games, etc. Will these Myths permeate the traditional-casual gamer(Halo/Madden/One tune Sally types) and hurt Wii in the long run?

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network
baddog992 said:

6) Online support. Does the wii even have any real online support out for it?

I think the Wii detractors are on to something here though.  What games can you play online for the Wii?  Although I enjoy the Wii very much I think it is an unforgivable sin to launch a console these days with no online gaming whatsoever.

And really, OMG do they ever need to figure out how to get those multiplayer Virtual Console games to work online!  They're killing me!

Here is what I say:

Those who complain about the Wii because it isn't "big" or "powerful" enough simply are going through a Freudian phase. I mean come-on, look at the Wiimote! And they wonder why the girls like it so much? xD

Obviously fanboys who attempt to trounce the Wii for those silly arguments are trying to compensate for lack of size in other regions...

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

Not that I doubt that people have actually complained that the Wii is physically too small, but can anyone provide the quotes? I want to see it with my own two eyes!

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Starscream said:
baddog992 said:

I think the Wii detractors are on to something here though. What games can you play online for the Wii? Although I enjoy the Wii very much I think it is an unforgivable sin to launch a console these days with no online gaming whatsoever.

And really, OMG do they ever need to figure out how to get those multiplayer Virtual Console games to work online! They're killing me!

Mario Strikers Charged

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

@finalfan: I cant provide you with a link to tha, but i remember someone on the PS2 slim vs PS2 normal thread saying that he liked the normal one beter because it was big and he had more Ps2 wth it... haha it made me laugh.

Sqrl said:
Starscream said:
baddog992 said:

I think the Wii detractors are on to something here though. What games can you play online for the Wii? Although I enjoy the Wii very much I think it is an unforgivable sin to launch a console these days with no online gaming whatsoever.

And really, OMG do they ever need to figure out how to get those multiplayer Virtual Console games to work online! They're killing me!

Mario Strikers Charged

I won't blame people for less than impressed by the online capabilities of a game that hasn't reached the market yet.  ;)