By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it worth buying Mushroom Men: Rise of the Fungi (Wii)?

Wait, wait isn't this game due in Europe early next year ?

I think it is one of the more interesting wii game in the upcoming months.
technically seems really great but I'm a bit worried about the gameplay.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network

Great :) im sure to buy this game.

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

BTW rise of fungi is the DS episode.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Is this the same game on the DS & Wii or different (other than graphics)?

Voltaire said:
Garcian Smith said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

What I think is great about this game, and Little King's Story, is that they are real quality games.

Other good third party games on Wii, like de Blob, Boom Blox, and to a certain degree Zack and Wiki, are games that would never be considered good on another platform. They're minigames. They're fun, but by no means real quality titles.

This game might be. It's original, and a full game. I'm just hoping it has a story that's longer than 6 hours.

None of the games you mentioned are minigames and you have no idea what a minigame is.

........Garcian is obviously right. Boom Blox a minigame, ha!

Not only is it a minigame, but it is a horrible game.  I wrote a review on it. 

On topic.  Mushroom Men looks interesting to me.

Off topic.  Don't ever mention Zack and Wiki at the same time as Boom Blox.  Zack and Wiki is a quality game.  Boom Blox stinks.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:
thekitchensink said:

It's impossible to get points that aren't made.

You obviously haven't played Z&W or Boom Blox.  Unless you consider Tetris, Meteos, Peggle, and Lumines 'mini-games', Boom Blox is absolutely not one.  It has an incredible amount of depth, a lengthy story mode, many different modes of play, and is highly challenging even over periods of many hours.

Zack and Wiki... *facepalm*  Phoenix Wright, Discworld, Monkey Island all say hi.

You get my point, right?

Crap, I had typed up this relatively long post explaining what I didn't like about Z&W and Boom Blox, and why they, despite that I like them, are bad games. I also mean something entirely different than you when I say mini-game, at least assuming I now understand what you put in it.

Then Opera suddenly said that it had to be closed and everything disappeared. Great -.-

I guess the word "mini-game" makes a lot of people think I'm attacking games here.

My point was, that even though they're a heck of a lot of fun (well, at least Zack and Wiki), they feel more like user-created games on the PC, with some odd flaws and totally unbalanced difficulty.

If you're trying to refer to production values, Boom Blox is the only one I would describe as having low production values. de Blob has better production values than any other third party game yet released on Wii, IMO. Z & W was no slouch either. I've never seen an indie project which could compare to either of these games, despite what some toolbags say about the original PC de Blob.

Even though I suppose an indie PC dev could have made Boom Blox, it does have well over ten hours of content, plus multiplayer. Doesn't quite qualify as "mini" to my mind.

Back to Mushroom Men, I'm not at all surprised to see complaints about the camera on a 3D platformer. I've yet to see a 3D platformer which didn't have at least minor camera frustrations. Par for the course. If that's the only problem with the game then it's gonna be great!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Some images:

arsenal009 said:
Is this the same game on the DS & Wii or different (other than graphics)?

Different. The ds game is 2D platform with a nice 3d engine.

The Wii one is an action/adventure/platform.

Wow it looks really impressive.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I love the art style in this game. The graphical detail isnt bad either.