By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FF 13 ps3 sales vs FF 13 360 sales

which will sell more

week

month

ltd

Around the Network

Not fair at all of a comparison, the PS3 version in Japan will sell the combined total for the 360 and then some.

If you want to compare EU and NA then a 2:1 ratio to PS3.

Overall:

PS3: 6M 360 version:2M

3 regions -including the one where the game sells the most- > 2 regions

we had this thread like 34u9843y7y34r times :)
the game will be out in 2010 , it's a long time

We've had this thread before, and the answer is incredibly obvious. But seeing reasons for why the 360 version will sell more never gets old.

IMO, even the 360 has a larger userbase, most people who like final fantasy have already bought ps3, and there is a better correletaion with playstation lovers relative to  xbox lovers, so it will probably sell better on ps3. However, the figures can change somewhat due to the sales between the announcement of ff13 on 360 and the actual release date. Those who buy the consoles will have a smaller correlation towards ps3 in terms of ff13, may even be favoring 360 due to lower price.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Around the Network

It depends on how fanatical are the current PS3 owners with regards to the FF series. If the current PS3 userbase consists of enough FF13 early adopters, then the PS3 version is likely to outsell that of the Xbox 360.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

There is no doubt that the PS3 version will sell the most with the inclusion of Japan, same goes for EU but NA is an area where I expect a 1:1 ratio. Of course by the time the games actually release many things will have happened and consoles sales will have dramatically changed so with that I expect the PS3 sales of FFXIII to be well above the 360 version.

Could someone please tell me, how the 360 version will outsell the ps3 version?

Sephiroth357 said:
Could someone please tell me, how the 360 version will outsell the ps3 version?

by not looking at europe or japan.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Indeed, how many think the 360 version will outsell the PS3 version is beyond me