By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 is doing ok but considering...

Gamer4eva said:

From the recent sales figures, i think the 360 is doing ok but is doing poor when you look at how cheap it actually is.

In the US it starts from $199

In the UK it starts from £99 (Tesco and Sainsbury's)

etc, etc.

If we compare it to the PS3 this week, it outsold it by 20k, which i think is pretty poor. 

My point is, why is it selling so badly for it's price point?

It is brand equity .

Lets face it only old xbox owners would buy x360??

If you look at the future lineups of both consoles then ps3 has a huge edge in Fall 08 and beyond

Plus people want to watch DARK KNIGHT blu Rays on their gaming consoles too

PS3 will outsell x360 in WW sales during the LBP launch week and i think things will get only worse for MS from there on

X360 is 1/3 the price of ps3 in europe and Japan and it sells like 888.

I think 2008 is the last year for x360 in console market

Around the Network

CGI-Quality said:
@ kowenicki

uuu how is the PS3 failing? Ok it's more expensive than the 360 YET IT STILL OUTSELLS IT. Then what does that say for the 360 if the “failing” consoke still can outsell it with NO PRICE CUT.

the ps3 isn't considered a failure, but at the very least it's been a disappointment for sony.  We'll have to see how it performs in it's complete life cycle before we can call it a success, failure or somewhere in between.

i have no idea why it's not selling alot more because it's mad cheap

Ender said:

CGI-Quality said:
@ kowenicki

uuu how is the PS3 failing? Ok it's more expensive than the 360 YET IT STILL OUTSELLS IT. Then what does that say for the 360 if the “failing” consoke still can outsell it with NO PRICE CUT.

the ps3 isn't considered a failure, but at the very least it's been a disappointment for sony.  We'll have to see how it performs in it's complete life cycle before we can call it a success, failure or somewhere in between.

are u abnormal???

The only console which is failing is X360.

PS3 will do more than x360 in 2 years LTD sales at the end of december 2008

LBP will give PS3 a permamnent edge over x360 in HW sales

x360 is already finished in europe and Japan. MS also has no trump card left since x360 costs 1/3 as a ps3 in most parts of the world

PS3 will sell 100m + lifetime. I can bet on that.

It launched at 600$ /Euro and it still costs 600$ in europe. It is selling just as good as X360

x360 will survive this year but from 09 and beyond it will all over for x360 in console war

Mannnnnnnnn,
I honostly think the 360 is underrated.
Not a lot of people give it the recognition is deserves.

But then again,
the same could be said for other consoles :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Around the Network
lwhatee said:

It launched at 600$ /Euro and it still costs 600$ in europe. It is selling just as good as X360

Guess I live in a different Europe then you... 0_o still €600???

OT.. I Blame the Wii.. it's stealing thunder from both HD systems..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
lwhatee said:

Guess I live in a different Europe then you... 0_o still €600???

OT.. I Blame the Wii.. it's stealing thunder from both HD systems..

I said 600 $ --dollars

PS3 will also steal wii's thunder when it drops in price in eu

Wii is a fad . as soon as Blu Ray market penetration increases PS3 sales will explode in europe

X360 and PS3 are not in the same position in europe. No one wants x360 in europe excepting British. However it could also be due to the price. it is 1/3 the price of a pS3 in UK

Okay in the last two weeks there has been too much fighting between the 360 and PS3 camps. It is getting boring. Can we go back to the days of HD consoles camp versus Wii camp? All this arguing over who is going to finish last is silly.

OT to all those going on and on about the price of the 360. I was seriously considering getting a 360 this weekend. I'm not really interested in any game on the 360 apart from Pro Evo but thought well for months I have been hearing on VGCharts how cheap the 360 is and the money won't make that much of a difference to my pockets. I also heard there were Pro Evo bundles. So I went to a few stores that sell consoles. It had to be an elite of course due to the HDMI and hard drive size so could dump all my music on it and use it as a media centre. Well the elite was £220. My router is upstairs while my gadgets are downstairs. So I would need the 360 wireless adapter for about £50 bringing the price to £270. But wait!!! I can get an 80gb PS3 for £280 and that has a HD video player built in. So which is really cheaper.

What am I trying to say? Well you PS3 fans need to stop twisting the facts to fit your arguments. On the one hand you say if you get the arcade you need to buy this this and this making it more expensive than the PS3. But on the otherhand you always refer to the price of the arcade and say it costs less than half than the price of PS3 yet can barely outsell it. It is getting so annoying I am even more pissed off than starcraft despite the fact I could care less about 360.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Both consoles will continue to have decent sales throughout this gen. HD split the gen. Anyone who wants to fanboy themselves into thinking otherwise is welcome to (as it is foolhardy to try to convince a fanboy).

First of all: No console, no handheld is failing regarding sales this generation. They are all selling in a range between decent and great. I think none of the 5 systems will have sold less than 30 mio units (maybe even not less than 40 mio) when their successors arrive.

The main reason why the 360 is not selling better than PS3 in "Others" - which is the real problem region in the long run for Microsoft - is simple in my opinion:

Many people in Europe consider the 360 lineup to be too similar to the PC lineup (and PC gaming is still big in Europe, so I assume that many EU gamers think: Why buy a 360 when I can play great games like Mass Effect, Gears of War and Bioshock a few months later on my PC anyway? Furthermore, PC games are cheaper)

To make a platform something special, its most important games have to be exclusive for the company's systems:

- Super Mario, Zelda, Wii Sports/Fit and Pokémon are not available on a platform ouside Nintendo's

- Gran Turismo, SingStar, God of War and LPB are not available on a platform outside Sony's

- Most important: The main 1st party games of both, Sony & Nintendo, are not available on PCs (except Everquest afaik)