By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resistance 2, Gears 1.5, or, erm, Animal Crossing?

Beja-Beja said:
R2 is by far the most impressive. Both AC and Geow 2 are almost impossible to tell apart from their predecessors.

The sales order looks right though

Normally, we change a formula if it doesn't work at all. For both of these games, all the developers can do is improve from theirs already.

And yeah, I did diss Resistance: Fall of Man's gameplay here... Honestly, my opinion about the game is pretty much worthless because I only played the demo, but I still want to say it felt like a last-gen PS2 FPS (mostly referring to Killzone here, which I found pretty good for what it was trying to do... on that console at least). I hope what you said about Resistance 2 in your other thread is all true when I finally get my hands on it. I want a good FPS for my PS3! xD

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

The wave of quality software headed to the PS3 including everything from Resistance 2 and LBP to FFXIII, God of War III, and Hideo Kojima's Next Project.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

gear 2>AC>resistance 1.5

hanafuda said:

Animal Crossing

Cons

The DS game was massive.  In other words, the last game was on a handheld, so the jump back to a console may not be so well received.

Summary

Past games have been very big, but the jump back to a console may work against this.  The DS version outsold the GC version by more than double.

There was technically no GC version

There was a N64 version, which didn't sell well because it was Japan only

This game was ported to the GC with a few extras, but sold poorly in Japan because alot of people had already played it.

Also, the N64 and GC have both been outsold by the Wii.

End of life sales may be Animal Crossing Wii > Resitance 2 + Gears of War 2 combined

Paul_Warren said:
The wave of quality software headed to the PS3 including everything from Resistance 2 and LBP to FFXIII, God of War III, and Hideo Kojima's Next Project.

Am I the only one who can read this guys posts? Does he even exist? Am I going crazy? If I was insane, this guy would follow me around in every post and post this crap, and I'd respond with a text crit, to a blank quote, and you guys would have me comitted.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Zenfoldor, don't worry, you're just a figment of my imagination. So the others can't even read what you say.

Perhaps no-one replied to him because he didn't actually respond to the original topic

something tells me that Animal Crossing Wii will sell the most. just a feeling.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is the best Zelda title ever made.

"The Person Who Got the Closest to Winning the 1st VGC VC Giveaway, but still lost"

scottie said:
Zenfoldor, don't worry, you're just a figment of my imagination. So the others can't even read what you say.

Perhaps no-one replied to him because he didn't actually respond to the original topic

lol, pwnd you. Everyone is reading this and saying, "WTF is a Zenfoldor?" scottie's gone crazy.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

GoW 2 will have a bigger launch. But Animal Crossing has a couple of things going for it:
- its basically the "only" big Nintendo Wii title out this Xmas (depending how you view WiiMusic)

- it targets the casuals very well

- it is the first game to use WiiSpeak - meaning it could attract some hardcores

Hard to know where R2 fits into this. Its doubtful it will outsell GoW 2 (360 has a bigger, and more hardcore "shooter" base). But it could outsell Animal Crossing - in the short term anyway.

A lot depends on how AC does in Japan - if sales explode, and the Wii takes off with it - it could be enough for AC to top the other two this year. But if it doesn't... Ninty might actually be in for a rough Xmas (for the Wii anyway).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

scottie said:
hanafuda said:

Animal Crossing

Cons

The DS game was massive.  In other words, the last game was on a handheld, so the jump back to a console may not be so well received.

Summary

Past games have been very big, but the jump back to a console may work against this.  The DS version outsold the GC version by more than double.

There was technically no GC version

There was a N64 version, which didn't sell well because it was Japan only

This game was ported to the GC with a few extras, but sold poorly in Japan because alot of people had already played it.

Also, the N64 and GC have both been outsold by the Wii.

End of life sales may be Animal Crossing Wii > Resitance 2 + Gears of War 2 combined

I heard the Wii version is something of a tweaked version of the DS game though.

Is that true?  I really don't know.  Haven't been following the game at all, beyond seeing the screenshots in Famitsu.  Some new characters and so on.

PSN - hanafuda