By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii gamecube games soon be expensive?

jlauro said:
SaviorX said:
Why do you guys want Eternal Darkness again? That game was terrible.
Leave it alone.........

I bought that game and for the like the first 15 minutes I was thinking that and couldn't understand wy it had such a good score.  Controls seemed so bad, etc...  then woke up (you start in a dream) and eventually you learn the controls, etc...  and the game is awsome.  The game received a well deserved 92 on metacritic as one of the top 10 out of over 500 gamecube games.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I suspect you didn't even play it an hour if you think it was terrible.  The longer you play, the better the game is.

I agree with that.... Jet Force Gemini has the same problem... and for many Wii Sports Boxing too.

Around the Network

Well, I actually found myself buying GC games because I got bored of waiting new good games for the Wii

jlauro said:
SaviorX said:
Why do you guys want Eternal Darkness again? That game was terrible.
Leave it alone.........

I bought that game and for the like the first 15 minutes I was thinking that and couldn't understand wy it had such a good score.  Controls seemed so bad, etc...  then woke up (you start in a dream) and eventually you learn the controls, etc...  and the game is awsome.  The game received a well deserved 92 on metacritic as one of the top 10 out of over 500 gamecube games.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I suspect you didn't even play it an hour if you think it was terrible.  The longer you play, the better the game is.

Nah homie... That's not the case. I got up to the 9th chapter and just got sick of it. I was forcing myself to play the game from the start, waiting for the good stuff to happen. The sanity effect got old quick after experiencing them all in the 2nd chapter. The story was unengaging and the game's graphics aged terribly. The combat was extremely boring as well along with the magick.

Maybe it was good in 2002 or good to you guys now, but I think it was boring, very very boring. I have a felling some other users just say Eternal Darkness was awesome because everyone else does, even if they haven't played it. I regretted paying $10.59 for that game.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

So far I've picked up Time Splitters, F-Zero, Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime and Prime 2 for Gamecube. A lot of quality games are going to become pretty rare to find, but with most games, there's already so much gamecube stock around (mostly used) that it's unlikely we'll see a spike in prices. It's amazing how many copies of Wind Waker, Sunshine, Starfox and most major games you can find.

Part of the lack of a price rise is just because how many places are going to go through old stock (new or used) and attempt to re-evaluate all their prices? I think that the gamecube sale upswing will be seen as a welcome way to clear out stock. Most places will just be happy to see these games selling.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
So far I've picked up Time Splitters, F-Zero, Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime and Prime 2 for Gamecube. A lot of quality games are going to become pretty rare to find, but with most games, there's already so much gamecube stock around (mostly used) that it's unlikely we'll see a spike in prices. It's amazing how many copies of Wind Waker, Sunshine, Starfox and most major games you can find.

Part of the lack of a price rise is just because how many places are going to go through old stock (new or used) and attempt to re-evaluate all their prices? I think that the gamecube sale upswing will be seen as a welcome way to clear out stock. Most places will just be happy to see these games selling.

Timesplitters 2?

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

Time Splitters: Future Perfect.

I know nothing about the time Splitters series.

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:

I see, I see.  I've heard that "true fans" of the TS series thought that Future Perfect was garbage after the greatness that was Timesplitters 2.  I myself played a whole lot of the second game on GC and thoroughly enjoyed it, but by the time I picked up Future Perfect on Xbox I was too busy with other things to try it out.  It's still in the shrinkwrap even now, actually...

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Last weekend i saw Paper Mario 2 an Resident Evil 3 (GC version), in 280 pesos, in México, like 20 bucks.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

In some places, I've seen Melee more expensive than Brawl -_-

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
GooseGaws said:
stof said:

I see, I see.  I've heard that "true fans" of the TS series thought that Future Perfect was garbage after the greatness that was Timesplitters 2.  I myself played a whole lot of the second game on GC and thoroughly enjoyed it, but by the time I picked up Future Perfect on Xbox I was too busy with other things to try it out.  It's still in the shrinkwrap even now, actually...

oh... crap. Then I guess I'll still have to keep my eye out for Time Splitters 2 then. I'll also have to play future perfect first so it's not "tainted".

Of course, to play any of them I have to get a proper power adaptor to plug my Wii in to a Korean plug. To do that I need to order it off the Korean website, and to do that I have to speak Korean, as the website doesn't have english... bum...