By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii gamecube games soon be expensive?

The gamecube sold around 22million, and the wii is becoming the next million selling console. Since no gamecube games passed 7.1 million, will they be expensive when all the wii owners want to play Luigi's mansion or Wind Waker?

I mean, it's basically 50million people fighting for 5million copies.

Around the Network

Umm no.

Pixel Art can be fun.

What SmokedHostage said.

I doubt it. GC games weren't ever in huge demand so I don't think new Wii owners who never owned the GC are going to be interested in old games from five years ago or more. There are so many new games for the Wii out now and coming out that I don't see a dramatic rise in GC game's popularity.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

I could see them re-seeling them in a Wii-disc format, maybe package deal, like Super Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion for $30.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Around the Network

The only way id buy a GC game for $30 is if it had massive extra content.

No.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

I lawled. And no, don't worry about it, unless it's some random cult game that only had 10,000 copies ever made.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

chenguo4 said:
I lawled. And no, don't worry about it, unless it's some random cult game that only had 10,000 copies ever made.

Eternal Darkness!

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

There might be a few exceptions for some rare games, but generally no... Eternal darkness I think had a bit of a price increase from the wii, and probably a few others. That said, I don't think the prices went over what it was new, just not discounted as much for it's age...

Will be more games that get wii-makes then see price increases.