By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eternal Sonata (PS3) given 8.7 by IGN and 8.5 by Gamespot

I can't say the first couple hours of ToV have particularly impressed me. I'll put more time into it at some point, but not right now. LittleBigPlanet rates way above it on the fun scale for me.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
I can't say the first couple hours of ToV have particularly impressed me. I'll put more time into it at some point, but not right now. LittleBigPlanet rates way above it on the fun scale for me.

You'll need at least 20 hours into the 60 hour game before it starts to hit its stride. What's your gamertag?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
naznatips said:

You'll need at least 20 hours into the 60 hour game before it starts to hit its stride. What's your gamertag?

In my profile with all my other IDs.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
naznatips said:

reminds me of Suikoden V, absolutely a drag for the first 8 - 12 hours, but then it is awesome. Although slow starts is a bit of a trend for most Suikoden games, although III was fun from the get go.

Stats87 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
naznatips said:

reminds me of Suikoden V, absolutely a drag for the first 8 - 12 hours, but then it is awesome. Although slow starts is a bit of a trend for most Suikoden games, although III was fun from the get go.

JRPGs in general tend to start out slow.  If they didn't start out slow, they would be shorter than they usually are.

Around the Network

Not exactly sure when I'm going to get this.

i wanna get LBP and Fallout 3...and part of me wants to play Spore as well. I just got finished playing through Persona 3:FES (took a break during mid-terms/EASHL Team/DQVIII) Then there is Resistance 2, Valkyria Chronicles, Mirror's Edge....and even GoW2...and I still want to give Dead Space and Motorstorm:PR a go. Then there is Fable 2...not to mention I've yet to grab ToV and I still want to try IU. Then TOS:DotNW is coming out in mid-November....and then Prince of Persia and Persona 4 in December. Good lord this is ridiculous...to be 14/15 again and have all that free time.

At least I can rent and beat a few of these

Guess this can wait a bit...

Riachu said:
Stats87 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
naznatips said:

JRPGs in general tend to start out slow.  If they didn't start out slow, they would be shorter than they usually are.

Generally there is a slow start, but a game like Suikoden V took it to a whole new level. Some games manage to be pretty fun right away, such as Star Ocean:Second Story, Valkyrie Profile, FFXII, Suikoden III. Persona 3 also let you dive right in pretty quickly.

Stats87 said:
Riachu said:
Stats87 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
naznatips said:

Generally there is a slow start, but a game like Suikoden V took it to a whole new level. Some games manage to be pretty fun right away, such as Star Ocean:Second Story, Valkyrie Profile, FFXII, Suikoden III. Persona 3 also let you dive right in pretty quickly.

Good points, but I feel that Persona 3 was one of those games that I just didn't get until about 15 hours in, and then it started to be really fun.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

@nazna

To be fair, I praised ES before I played it, because I read reviews, and thought it was really good looking....but after I played it(360 version), I hated it, and have been pretty vocal(since well before the PS3 version was announced, lol, ask Impulsivity).

I also don't like Lost Odyssey, which has hurt my credibility a bit, but it's just my opinion.

Maybe like me, Stickball thought it was good, until he played it.

I'm sure if you went back to one of my posts before I owned a 360, you could find me calling ES one of the best games on the 360...before I actually played it. I don't think Stick(or nearly anyone at all) would flame a game just because the PS3 is getting it...I'm very confident about that, actually, knowing him fairly well.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Stickball may not have been doing it, but it's not uncommon at all.

I've seen numerous 360 owners hush down Bioshock since it lost exclusivity. I've seen even more PS3 owners suddenly not care about FFXIII (granted there are those like myself who have legitimately been skeptical about it from the beginning).

This happens with many games, and it's annoying.