By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eternal Sonata (PS3) given 8.7 by IGN and 8.5 by Gamespot

outlawauron said:
Whenever i get the said cash. I will get it.

It's either repair my 360 or get this and Resistance 2.

The choice is obvious.  :P

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
outlawauron said:

No it isn't.....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
makingmusic476 said:
outlawauron said:

No it isn't.....

Don't pay $60 for a one year port. Sure they might've fixed some things and added new stuff, but they should've priced it at $40 imo. Get something else like Disgaea 3 or something. Judging from the beta, Resistance 2 is going to be an ace game. The co-op is going to be insane with all the chimeras coming out from everywhere.

Why do you have to pay to repair your 360 anyway? Isn't there still a warranty?

Either way unless you REALLY want to play gears 2 and won't wait for next years better PC version going the PS3 game route makes a lot more sense.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

I bought the PS3 version as I noticed I have bi RPG's for the console and all I have to say is:

The colors are splendid and he music is fine a bit repetative for the overworld and field parts but nothing too annoying the story is cliche and uncalled for in certain instances. (Mom talking about the sins of man to her 5 year old daughter at the very begining is just dumb.) The game itself is decently placed together, there are an abundance of save spots however and maybe it's just me but I get annoyed that regardless of the ammount of save points they do not give you the option to save before you go into a major boss fight or a big event (To throw you off.)

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

Nice scores both the ign and gamespot.

I knew that PS3 Eternal Sonata would be better than the 360 version, but it is also better than Tales of Vesperia 360 too. Maybe a better version of Vesperia will be headed to the PS3 as well now.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Hmm. Interesting.

Neither review said that this version of Eternal Sonata fixed the major flaws in the X360 version.

1) The story sucked. Bad.
2) Dungeon design was horrible. Some of the worst designing since the SNES days.
3) Combat was/is shallow
4) Economy was unbalanced

In the reviews, they say everything else around those areas. It seems like the reviewers never really dug into Eternal Sonata to 'get' the fact that it was a mess compared to 80% of other RPGs out there.

Eternal Sonata is worth picking up, since it seems like the PS3 version is 'definitive' in some way. But it's like Enchanted Arms: Is a definitive version of a mediocre-to-good game really that awesome?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Looks like they fixed a horrendously broken game. Gratz PS3 owners. :D

IMO, the 360 version of the game is godaweful. :P

Another day it pays off to have both consoles.

@Stickball the story at the very least was mentioned in both reviews as being more fleshed out and better in general thanks to the extra story content and cutscenes.  Also, I really hate hypocrits, and this is the height of that.  First of all, you praised Eternal Sonata numerous times before it was no longer a 360 exclusive.  Hell, I even remember you praising Enchanted Arms.  Sorry but people like you bother the hell out of me.  Please maintain your opinion regardless of the platforms the games are on.

Impulsivity said:
Why do you have to pay to repair your 360 anyway? Isn't there still a warranty?

Either way unless you REALLY want to play gears 2 and won't wait for next years better PC version going the PS3 game route makes a lot more sense.

Yes I do. I want Fallout 3, and I am not a fan of PC controls for most games. My video card is fried, it isn't the RRoD. My problem falls under the one year warranty. >_>

I don't really care much about Gears 2, but I do want to give Fable 2 a try.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.