By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should I get a BC PS3 for $500?

I got a backwords compatable PS3 for 300.

It was a 20 gig... and used but still.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

PS3 has some sort of disk read error that is killing old PS3s. I want to get a new one.

Max King of the Wild said:
Hawkeye said:
Dont listen to manuelf. Is my advice. He hates Sony and wants the Ps3 to fail.

My advice is - Get a ps3 without BC. I thought I'd like having BC but I hardly use it. I bought like 15 games at gamestop dirt cheap one day.... I've only beat 2 of them and havent picked up any other ones.

Hmm... you may be right. Now that I think about it, I probably won't play devil may cry, jak and daxter, or ape escape, or even final fantasy. I will play KH, but I probably won't beat it. However, I know that I will play and beat La Pucelle Tactics and Dsigaea 2. I can get Disgaea 1 for PSP, Disgaea 3 for PS3... WHat about 2??? :( Can I play 1 and 3 and will the story make any sense? When I think about it, thats really why I want a BC PS3... but is it worth $100?

also, are any multiplat games ever better on ps3, or does 360>PS3 all the time? Becuase if Eternal Sonata or Burnout revenge is better on PS3 (both games I plan to get) that adds value. Do you know which system they are better on?

Disgea doesn't have a strong story in their games, but it has strong gameplay. And I don't believe the story goes into each game. I believe they are seperate per game... Now I don't know much about the game haven't played any of them but I was looking into 3 for my Ps3 and that was one of my concerns too. From what I read that was my understanding though.

I completely disagree.

I think it's story is it's best part. (Though each story is fairly independent.) 

I also think Disgaea's gameplay is weak (for a SRPG.)

I'd put a great number of SRPGs ahead of it in gameplay... including other Nippon Ichi games like Phantom Brave.

Hawkeye said:
Kasz216 said:

PS3 has some sort of disk read error that is killing old PS3s. I want to get a new one.

Oh?  Go figure.  Probably just a faulty batch of blu-ray drives.

Mine runs fine.  Though stuff does load slowly.  Though considering how slow the Blu-ray disc readers are in PS3s i figure it's just normal to load that way.

Kinda spoiled with the Wii i guess... which loads really fast.

Id say go for it if you got the cash, I think that may be the last of the BC PS3's. Of course the Sony fanboys feel software BC is right around the corner so you should save you money if you believe that will happen. You also seem to have a lot of catching up to do.

If you do not buy the PS3 dont use the money for more games, cause you will be digging a bigger hole.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Hawkeye said:
Kasz216 said:

Oh?  Go figure.  Probably just a faulty batch of blu-ray drives.

Mine runs fine.  Though stuff does load slowly.  Though considering how slow the Blu-ray disc readers are in PS3s i figure it's just normal to load that way.

Kinda spoiled with the Wii i guess... which loads really fast.

Heh. THe Wii pissed me off when I got it becuase it loaded so slow vs My N64 and GC, my consoles of the last 2 gens. Then I got a 360... oh boy XD

anyway...

Does anyone think there is a chance that Disgaea 2 will be ported to PSP? Disgaea 1 was, and Prinyy's adventure is coming out for PSP.

My advice is - Get a ps3 without BC. I thought I'd like having BC but I hardly use it. I bought like 15 games at gamestop dirt cheap one day.... I've only beat 2 of them and havent picked up any other ones.

Well obviously you love the ps3, and want everything else to fail.

I would say if you think its worth $500 for a BC PS3  that has a pretty good sized library (amazing library if you count the PS2 games)  or do you wanna shell out around $120 for a brand new PS2.  And Playing a PS2 on an HDTV won't look that much worse that if you played a PS2 game on a PS3.

My advice? By PS2 now, And when SONY Cut the price get a PS3.

CDiablo said:

Id say go for it if you got the cash, I think that may be the last of the BC PS3's. Of course the Sony fanboys feel software BC is right around the corner so you should save you money if you believe that will happen. You also seem to have a lot of catching up to do.

If you do not buy the PS3 dont use the money for more games, cause you will be digging a bigger hole.

If I don't buy a PS3, I'll just save the money and wait for PS3 to go down to $300.

yo_john117 said:

Well obviously you love the ps3, and want everything else to fail.

I would say if you think its worth $500 for a BC PS3  that has a pretty good sized library (amazing library if you count the PS2 games)  or do you wanna shell out around $120 for a brand new PS2.  And Playing a PS2 on an HDTV won't look that much worse that if you played a PS2 game on a PS3.

What a stupid comment