By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If the beta is anything to go by.... R2 is gonna OWN!!!!!

There you have it ladies and gentlemen, Iwhatee has the IQ of a banana

Around the Network

i cant wait to hold a R2 copy in my hands,

so i got the beta last night and i played some then and this morning...i didn't like the first resistance and i was hoping to like resistance 2. i have it reserved at gamestop and i was hoping it was one of the big games i would be playing this holiday season and that i would be playing it day 1 when it came out.

Once again i am unimpressed by resistance. i feel that the 60 player online battles is too big and it doesn't feel rewarding when u kill someone, and it feels like its no big deal if u die, just respawn and run back out there like a chicken without a head. i don't like resistances' guns either, they're too "big and bulky." i don't know how else to describe them. i like more realistic guns in my games then futuristic, like CoD. i didnt play enough of the 8 player campaign to give my opinion about that but i will def give that a try and once again im hoping i would like it. i am unimpressed with the graphics as well...i feel CoD's and Gears graphics are better than R2 (granted its only a beta and hopefully they will sharpen up at launch) but thats only my opinion.

For me its:
Gears>>>>>>>>>>>>>R2
and Gears 2 IMO will be so much better than R2

"If new things are so great, where have they been the whole time?"

JGarcia050 said:
so i got the beta last night and i played some then and this morning...i didn't like the first resistance and i was hoping to like resistance 2. i have it reserved at gamestop and i was hoping it was one of the big games i would be playing this holiday season and that i would be playing it day 1 when it came out.

Once again i am unimpressed by resistance. i feel that the 60 player online battles is too big and it doesn't feel rewarding when u kill someone, and it feels like its no big deal if u die, just respawn and run back out there like a chicken without a head. i don't like resistances' guns either, they're too "big and bulky." i don't know how else to describe them. i like more realistic guns in my games then futuristic, like CoD. i didnt play enough of the 8 player campaign to give my opinion about that but i will def give that a try and once again im hoping i would like it. i am unimpressed with the graphics as well...i feel CoD's and Gears graphics are better than R2 (granted its only a beta and hopefully they will sharpen up at launch) but thats only my opinion.

For me its:
Gears>>>>>>>>>>>>>R2

Most people would disagree with you there.

"YouR opinion is WronG!!!"

BILL COSBY!!! said:
JGarcia050 said:

For me its:
Gears>>>>>>>>>>>>>R2

what you describe its 99% of all FPS.

in all cases those comments apply to call of duty and gears

its not like you in real life get a gold medal for killing someone.

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
BILL COSBY!!! said:
JGarcia050 said:

For me its:
Gears>>>>>>>>>>>>>R2

what you describe its 99% of all FPS.

in all cases those comments apply to call of duty and gears

its not like you in real life get a gold medal for killing someone.

in CoD there is a more of a stealth aspect with modern realistic weapons. i agree that gears is not of the stealth type and more of the run and shotgun type, but i like the gameplay of gears much better, plus its 4 vs. 4 which makes the battles more personal and team oriented. but thats just my opinion. and when i die in cod and gears i get pissed....not really the same feeling i get when i die in resistance...like i said i was hoping i would enjoy resistance but its just not for me.

and Bill i don't think most people will disagree with me that gears will be better.

But i do agree that most people will disagree with me saying R2 is not that good or unimpressive

"If new things are so great, where have they been the whole time?"

lwhatee said:
doesnt matter

u can take anyone's psn to talk trash

u can also be paid by some to talk trash

everyone who really owns a ps3 and is not part of any viral marketing scam absolutely love the r2 beta

Amazingly, you can be a PS3 owner and be generally unimpressed by the R2 beta.  I'm living proof of it, myself.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Kingdizzii said:
There you have it ladies and gentlemen, Iwhatee has the IQ of a banana

Please, both of you, get DISPLAY PICTURES!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

funny hoow most of them with complaints dont own a ps3....

konnichiwa said:
I heard it was faster? I thought Resistance online was kind of slow.

Oh well I will see myself soon :).

Hmm, I disagree and agree with it being faster.

It's slower in that the weapons don't shoot twice as fast like in the first Resistance. If you remember, the weapons in the first game shot fast in singleplayer, but shot even faster in multiplayer.

However, it's faster and more intense because now the gameplay is made for 60 players and objectives.