By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Messed up LBP launch

I'm sure the game did fine. It was never going to be a front loaded type of game anyway.

Around the Network

i just picked up my copy form gamestop...good news..... the game is GREAT i suggest to pick up the strategy guide to find all the hidden stuff and it has an amazing guide to build levels with....the gameplay the visuals are great i cant wait to finish all the story levels so that i can start my own...bad news...no internet connection until the "new" release date.. no kratos till that day either...other than that its GREAT....

Mm shouldve released the game at the original release date and just release a patch.....to cover up the damn song....

JP

i just picked up my copy form gamestop...good news..... the game is GREAT i suggest to pick up the strategy guide to find all the hidden stuff and it has an amazing guide to build levels with....the gameplay the visuals are great i cant wait to finish all the story levels so that i can start my own...bad news...no internet connection until the "new" release date.. no kratos till that day either...other than that its GREAT....

Mm shouldve released the game at the original release date and just release a patch.....to cover up the damn song....

JP

I'm pretty sure the sales will be front loaded, and that it will taper off rather fast. I think the game looks awesome and all, but I don't believe that it's going to move the kinds of numbers that people think it will.

As it stands, I think this *may* be the most over-hyped game this generation, speaking solely in terms of what kinds of sales people expect to see from this. (It's hard to say that when I just re-read the GTA4 vs MK Wii thread.)

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

What sales do you expect then Shanobi? Throw me a Ballpark on the first week, and then what it makes by the end of the year.

Around the Network

I dont think it is going to change the overall sales, it will probably just make 1st week sales lower. Nobody is not going to get this game because of a 1 week delay

lapsed_gamer said:
An evil scheme by whom?

MICROSOFT lol i dunno

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

yeah people expect to get the game by the 28th it will affect this week sales.

Torillian said:
What sales do you expect then Shanobi? Throw me a Ballpark on the first week, and then what it makes by the end of the year.

Well, I haven't been following things lately, so I'm not sure if this is being released in all regions at once, or not.

I'll say that I think the American sales will be somewhere around 500k for the first week. (I also haven't seen pre-order info, so I may be way off.)

By years end, worldwide, I'd say the game will be somewhere close to 3 or 3.5 million, and trailing off from there.

Again, just a guess and I haven't been keeping up with things of late. I just don't know if I see a cute, albeit awesome, looking 2d platformer doing well on the PS3 at this time, especially a new i.p., and taking into account how hard it is to move platform games these days on any system. (Super Mario Galaxy is still chugging along, though slowly, and I would guess that platform games are typically going to sell better on Wii than PS3. Especially ones with "Mario" in the title.)

Not trying to diminish LBP, I just don't know if it's going to do what a lot of people seem to expect it to.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

I don't think that many people expect better than 3 million by the end of the year, hell I'm unsure it'll make 3 million ever. And I'm very certain that it won't get 500k in just America with the confusing launch.