By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Endwar demo

Wow!  I just downloaded the Endwar demo from XBLM, and I was blown away!    The voice recognition is far and away the best I've seen in a game.  You don't have to go out of your way to speak loudly, and it even ignores understands you when you make a mistake.

For example, you can mutter, "Unit 1, *ahem* attack, uh, Target 3." The game won't give you any hassle--you'l instantly get a crisp, satisfying, "AFFIRMATIVE, SIR!  MOVING TO ENGAGE ENEMY TANKS!" into your headset.  The graphics are great, the action is intense, you must think very fast and tactically, and the multiplayer connected me to an opponent in seconds.

All in all, I'm very hyped for this game.

Also, did anyone else notice that your general is Scott Mitchell, of Rainbow Six fame? XD

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

I only wished there was a tutorial, or maybe I didn't look hard enough in the menus. It looked too complicated for me! xD

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

thekitchensink said:

Wow! I just downloaded the Endwar demo from XBLM, and I was blown away! The voice recognition is far and away the best I've seen in a game. You don't have to go out of your way to speak loudly, and it even ignores understands you when you make a mistake.

For example, you can mutter, "Unit 1, *ahem* attack, uh, Target 3." The game won't give you any hassle--you'l instantly get a crisp, satisfying, "AFFIRMATIVE, SIR! MOVING TO ENGAGE ENEMY TANKS!" into your headset. The graphics are great, the action is intense, you must think very fast and tactically, and the multiplayer connected me to an opponent in seconds.

All in all, I'm very hyped for this game.

Also, did anyone else notice that your general is Scott Mitchell, of Rainbow Six fame? XD

You mean of Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter fame.

^^Oops, that's what I meant XD I always get the two series' mixed up for some reason.

@SHMUPgurus: The single-player mission is very much a tutorial.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

idk.. i played the demo and wasn't all that impressed. I'll probably just see how the reviews are and then if its really good buy it.

Around the Network

Any info on controls without headset? I hate headsets, and microphones, and phones, I hate them so much, I just can't use them.

I tried to download it, but it was gold only... I'll give it ago when I get back to my Xbox