By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The selling power of Gran Turismo

makingmusic476 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Ajax said:
I don't understand why people think LBP will be so big.

uuumm... why won't it be?

I don't get it either.  I have it, and it's the same size as all my other games.

LOL!!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network

GT5 will be huge : YES

but WHEN !!!!!!!!!!?????????

Time to Work !

PS3 could be irrelevant by the time this game is released, that's why LBP and others are more important now.

libellule said:
GT5 will be huge : YES

but WHEN !!!!!!!!!!?????????

Late 2010 maybe =((

But 2010 will be the year of the PS3, GT5, FF13 NA/Europe, FFv13 Japan, and R3 =)))

you guys are asuming that GT adicts don't already have the PS3 in prevision or because of GT5P (bundled no at one point?).... Things that don't happends with new IPs like LBP (though i doubt this one's chances)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I'll tell you this. The GT series is a force to be reckoned with. Thats the only PS3 game I expect to top 5M units.

this - the bolded. As for topping 5mill, LBP I believe can do this as well in terms of LTD sales. 

@ makingmusic lololololol you are silly lolololololol

Doubt it. It might be a pretty good game, but Sony created something known as Artificial Demand for that game. When I say GT can top 5 Mil I believe it is the only Sony game that the Sony fanbase combined from around will carry passed the 5 M mark. Remember one thing, the Sony installed base isn't as strong as it was last gen. Don't expect anywhere near 10 M or even 8 (If it does, then I suggest you celebrate). I Predict 5.5 to 7.3 M in sales. There is real and rooted worldwide demand for a game such as GT5, as opposed to LBP, which mainly true gamers know about rather than casuals.

makingmusic476 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Ajax said:
I don't understand why people think LBP will be so big.

uuumm... why won't it be?

I don't get it either.  I have it, and it's the same size as all my other games.

LOL

Gran Turismo 3 is the HIGHEST Selling Exclusive of last-gen

don't underestimate it

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

GT5 will be a 7 million seller at least guarenteed...but as someone said above, by the time it comes out, will the PS3 still be relevant?

I hope so

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
GT5 will be a 7 million seller at least guarenteed...but as someone said above, by the time it comes out, will the PS3 still be relevant?

I hope so

7 M at the least? With the shitty sales this gen? Get out of the PS2 era. So you're suggesting that a little less than half of PS3 owners will buy this game? LOL....wow. If it gets 7 M this gen, with the sales of the PS3 installed base, it will be a miracle. GT4 sold nearly 9.50 M out of over 100 M+ consoles sold on the PS2. Do the math. Thats less than 10%