By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Exorbitant DSi price 36,500 Yen!!!

Thats right it will cost more than a Wii and almost the same as 2 DS Lite http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E4%BB%BB%E5%A4%A9%E5%A0%82-13306461-%E3%83%8B%E3%83%B3%E3%83%86%E3%83%B3%E3%83%89%E3%83%BCDSi-%E3%83%96%E3%83%A9%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF/dp/B001IBHTJ0/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1224904174&sr=1-8

Around the Network

Nintendo evidently needs more money in order for their grand plan to destroy the sun to work.

Yeah... if that right... I don't think i';ll be getting one anytime soon... infact I'll probably never get one...

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

IS this official, or what Amazon is guaranteeing a preorder, in case they get sold out? If official then I would never thought of NIntendo as a company to over price something by a huge amount, but this is just outrageous.

umm it appears that price is based on people who sell after purchasing it. They may have in on a pre-order or something of that nature and are attempting to sell at an inflated price hoping the item has a heavy demand.. It does not come directly from Amazon but rather a third party...

Just throwing that out there.

Edit: According to everything I've read the official price is 18,900¥ or about 180$ US

Around the Network

That price is from a different company selling through Amazon JP. Just like Amazon has their Amazon Marketplace, this is the same. The same type of place that jacks up the price when something is not available, or hard to get. (Especially considering that the DSi hasn't been released yet)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

DS Lites sold for as much as ¥40,000 when they first came out. This is going to be no different.

Also, ¥18,900 is not $180. It's about $200 presently.

SW-5120-1900-6153

blu-ray included?

Good thing I'll be preordering it

;)

i heard it was only £10 more expensive than original DS

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia