By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Guitar Hero vs Rock Band

which ones better and why

Around the Network

Cheez Whiz or Kraft Peanut Butter. Which ones better?

Oh wait...!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Rock Band 2 in my opion just because the graphics

World Tour

More features that matter. More songs if you have online. DLC+Community created songs.

Otherwise outside of that. The technical aspects are less important. If you can't go online, you might be better off with Rock Band 2.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

If you're a Foo Fighters fan like me, Rock Band 2.

The Colour and the Shape DOWNLOADABLE. Fuck yeah.

Around the Network

I personally prefer Rockband its i love the downloadable tracks and that they carry over and that you can transfer the songs from rockband 1 to rockband 2

Guitar hero for the periphials
Rock band for the better track lists and the DLC
Red Hot Chili Peppers fan :D

I'll end up buying world tour bundle and just buy rock band 2 the game

Largely depends....

Wii Owners: Guitar Hero. Period.

PS3/360: Comes down to preferences. Look at the track lists and decide which game fits your tastes more. If you're still unsure then the answer is probably Guitar Hero, better peripherals (currently) in terms of both quality and features, and the music editor/GHTunes in World Tour opens up a whole new aspect of gameplay and endless free DLC.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Rock band 2 because its alot better and i like that the crowd gets involved and sings along with you unlike in other guitar heros where the all look like there paper.
Also rock band has a little bit of a better set list. But just the fact the WT has jimi hendrix makes me want to buy it. I also like when you play a song such as float on the tone and camera changes like it goes to kind of a thermal feel.
SO in the End Rock Band 2 gets the end

Rock Band, simply because right now. If you wanted to drop ~200, you could go buy both games, download about 50 DLC songs, and have about 4 kajillion songs to choose between all playable on one disc. That's what really matters in game like this.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/