By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable II players report game breaking glitch

still hoping for PC release. And if and when they do for the co-op they better not make me have ot have some gay as windows live or something.

no way am i paying for internet on my computer

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
It's really early in the game. I finished that question long ago, but I hope there aren't any more like it. I'm sure patch'll be here soon.

It's one of those wierd untestable glitches that 1 in a million testers would find.
The exit from the area is FAR from the abbot, so it'd take a bit of doing to activate this one.

Well, we can't blame the game testers for every little glitch in a game.  I am sure they did the best they could.  Actually, this game has less bugs than most WRPGs do(i.e. Mass Effect).

it should get patched quickly

pbroy said:
thejuicingamer said:
just another example of a game getting rushed off the line to achieve some quick sales, sign of the times

How is this comment being productive? Ohh wait your just trying to rub it in. Don't you have a game you can play on your PS3 or something?? o_O Don't tell me your jealous because people with a 360 have lots of fun games to play and you just want to find the smallest things to make anything not on the PS3 look bad. Your better than that, aren't you?

In principle, what he's saying is true.  With online options and fierce competition, I see it becoming more and more common to "skimp" a few things for the sake of time to later patch it if a common problem arises.  I'm not saying for sure this was the developer's intent.  It's either more noticable because it is, or it's simply because games are getting more complex so there is a higher chance of things getting missed.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Jordahn said:
pbroy said:
thejuicingamer said:
just another example of a game getting rushed off the line to achieve some quick sales, sign of the times

How is this comment being productive? Ohh wait your just trying to rub it in. Don't you have a game you can play on your PS3 or something?? o_O Don't tell me your jealous because people with a 360 have lots of fun games to play and you just want to find the smallest things to make anything not on the PS3 look bad. Your better than that, aren't you?

In principle, what he's saying is true.  With online options and fierce competition, I see it becoming more and more common to "skimp" a few things for the sake of time to later patch it if a common problem arises.  I'm not saying for sure this was the developer's intent.  It's either more noticable because it is, or it's simply because games are getting more complex so there is a higher chance of things getting missed.

Bugs just happen.

I would be impressed with any game that shipped with bugs.  Some bugs are just harder to catch but when you have hundreds of thousands, those bugs are going to be found.  Most of the time they are little things like a floating tree, other times they're things like this.

It's true that bug should have been caught but it being there in no way means it was rushed.

Around the Network

Damn, hopefully this gets sorted out quickly. Feel sorry for the ones that bought the game and don't play online....

4 ≈ One

Thanks for the heads up

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Dgc1808 said:
Damn, hopefully this gets sorted out quickly. Feel sorry for the ones that bought the game and don't play online....

Now why would you say something like that?  I actually hate co-op and the way I'm playing the game will in no way require me to people.  I'm actually more annoyed people want me to play with them.

Jordahn said:
pbroy said:
thejuicingamer said:

There are no bugfree programs, for certain.  But even ignoring that, it seems like it would be difficult to accidentally stumble across this one, and all-path testing for an open-world game... that would be impossible.

EDIT:  and I'd like to add that even the most current version of Oblivion still has lots o' bugs (rocks floating off the ground, locked shop due to an official add-on, NPCs critical to quest completion dying and rendering the quested non-completeable, etc.).

Wow good thing I destroyed the Temple of Light serving Evil.

At any rate, yeah I had a similar glitch with the ghost love quest. I had to restart like 4 times before it finally went through.

I have to say that this is a pretty glitchy game altogether. They definatly rushed it.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself