By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LBP vs SMG!!!

So whats better? Having played the BETA and SMG I think SMG pawns all over LBP. But what do you think?

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Around the Network

2D platformer vs 3D platformer. Direct comparison is no better than FPS versus sidescrolling SHMUP.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Well, considering SMG is the best 3-d platformer out there, I'd say the chances are pretty slim of LBP outclassing it. User generated levels are going to be interesting( to put it mildly) but they probably wont match the platforming genius of the Mario team

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

while LBP cannot beat SMG in level quality, I think the fact that it contains an actual coop (instead of the "hey collect shit for me while I play" from SMG) and that it will have many more hours of enjoyment than SMG due to user created content evens it out a bit. I'll call them a tie in my mind from what I've played of both (played a bit of SMG at a friend's and played the beta for LBP)

Whats SMG?

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

^Super Mario Galaxy.

I don't think it's a fair comparison. Let's just say that both will be good.

^ Sub-Machine gun

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Are you kidding?

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

i didnt like smg... so i think lbp is better.

aren't u the one that posted "yes , another anti-lbp thread"
hmmmmmm
both will do fine by the way

and yeah FYI LBP got 95 at metacritics ;)