By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Thinking of getting a DS...need some games suggestions.

So I recently played a little bit of Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, and I was blown away how fun this game is.  Now I'm considering buying a DS to play Order of Eccelsia.  I need a good list of games to consider getting as well. Any suggestions?  I do like rpgs, stratergy games, platformers, puzzle games, and I do try other genres.  Thanks!

Around the Network

Final Fantasy 4 remake
The World Ends With You
The Chrono Trigger remake (or more accurately, re-release) is out very soon

Those are must buys!

Lets see

Dragon Warrior IV
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
New Super Mario Brothers
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Etrian Odyssey
Etrian Odyssey II
Metroid Prime Pinball
Clubhouse Games

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Puzzle

• Professor Layton and the Curious Village - One of the best puzzle games I've ever played. Great story, and great puzzles.

Strategy

• Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  • Advance Wars: Dual Strike - either game will work, I suggest getting both. Days of ruin is more "gritty" and has more realistic people in it. However, Dual Strike has some really cool gameplay mechanics.

RPG

• Lunar Knights - An action RPG with some stealth elements and addicting gameplay. It has this interesting game mechanic where day and night change how your characters perform.

Also, check out this thread

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll probably get a DS in about two weeks. Exams are coming around the corner and I have to study!

Around the Network

I just bought the new Castlevania: Order of Esc**** something like that... I haven't even ordered the breaking of the seal yet, I hear its a good game also... I'm going on a date in the city tonight so I guess I could play it on the train ride back upstate.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Well... if you are planning to get the Castlevania games, don't forget Portrait of Ruin too.

Already have and beat that game... I'm not new to Castlevania. >.> Not assuming your saying I'm new just saying that if you name it I've probably played it... though I'm not a fan of Castlevania like others - I do still enjoy the 2d ones, the 3d one I played on the GC felt like a failed DMC.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

If Nordlead's thread isn't enough, you can check out this site's (improved) version here.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=36367

It's more up to date.

Sonic rush
Tony hawks american sk8land
Resident evil: Deadly silence

All of those will be cheap as chips now, But all good